Tillie's Trees

Status
Not open for further replies.
For pizza and sushi! None of that strange Australian fare. :ROFLMAO:

Finally koalas in Angiegal's tree. This is Racee and Smokey, and yesterday was the first day there was some blue showing through the smoke!

raceeNov22.jpg

Tillie, you're an Koala angel.

On the areas that have been scorched.... have they estimated how long before at least
re-growth will begin? If it will at all?

I saw a video where a Grandmother saved a Koala that was was burned and walking
in burning embers. She was pouring water on his/her body. The Koala was crying.
It broke my heart watching it. She wrapped in a blanket and took it to a shelter.
They believe (hope) it will recover. When they take the bandages off it's feet/paws
they'll determine what may next.

Again, it broke my heart watching it. I can't imagine what you are going through.

Thank you Al, I answered in the bushfires thread you kindly started as I just can't pull a lot of hope out when discussing the fires.

Picture of Jordan made me smile. He looks like a little fat man who got stuck in the tree. Too many extra leaves late at night. B. :cool:

Katrina,
Is there a fund we can contribute to help with the fires and horror that is going on over there? I tried to look on FB. You can send me a link to my e-mail or PM me here.

As you can see Tillie (Katrina - Affected) has not posted since Nov.24th or been on site.
She is overwhelmed with all at hand. She's trying to take a mental break. Keep her in
our thoughts and prayers.

I think she has been very busy with a project but she has been on Facebook and posting some Koala pictures there and think her immediate property is ok from what I could see.

Let the rain come soon! Keeping you close in thought and heart , Tillie. We hold out hope it will end soon. May blessings abound, B.

Thinking of you Tillie, and what must be going through these little guys' heads. My heart aches for you.

Sorry for my absence. I did need to take a mental health break but did not mean to be gone so long. I tried to come back one day and couldn't log in as I had to update all this stuff about my account here, and the site now expects me to be in the US. I get that, it's ok but when values I tried to add were rejected I had to put it aside for another day.
As Nikki says yes I have had a lot happening as well, and yes my property is unburnt, but the drought is taking a serious toll including the lowest sightings count for years.

Anyway, here is one lovely photo of young Phoenix yesterday, sitting in KimT's tree.
Most days with the heat, high winds and smoke blanket the koalas are low in areas of shrubs and weeds - behaviour changes in an effort to cope.
PhoenixDec13.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back