Tillie's Trees

Status
Not open for further replies.
BlitzC your tree got a visit from Stevie and her joey - sadly joey is right out of sight and there isn't much to see, but they were in your tree!

stevie oct7.jpg

JiminVA Darcey's tree got a visit from Bullet - but like the photo above, there isn't much to see, just a bum and back shot!
Look at those lovely gumnuts all around him :)

bullet.jpg

Blitz C your tree had another visit - this time from Phoenix 🤗
phoenix.jpg

PittsburghGal Frank's tree had a visit from Newman. He has only been on the property 19 times in 5 months, but he often picks PALS trees, so I reckon that makes him a keeper :)
newman.jpg

Hugo dropped into KimT's tree for a night :)

Hugo.jpg

I don't recall much about Phoenix. Who is he related to?
My tree looks very healthy! Has the weather been good?

Hey Cathy - Phoenix is the daughter of Racee from last year, so around 20 months old. After she separated from mum last last year she was around a bit, then not around much at all, but the past few weeks I'm seeing her quite often which is great!

Your tree is beautiful and completely healthy 🤗

Sadly however the weather is not good. We are in the second year of drought, temperatures rising every year, and no rain in sight. Bushfires have been so frightening too. None threatening my property, but so many and so huge.

Sadly however the weather is not good. We are in the second year of drought, temperatures rising every year, and no rain in sight. Bushfires have been so frightening too. None threatening my property, but so many and so huge.
I'm so sorry to hear this. Such a scary situation for the environment as a whole but more importantly the koala habitats/biomes.

This has been the quietest koala month in well over a year!
With the drought they are spending most of their days hiding in scrubby areas, but I'm sure they are out feeding in your trees at night.
Finally found Stevie in KarenNWendyn's tree. Her joey, Nick, is actually in the next tree, becoming quite the independent lad already!
stevie.jpg

That really makes sense. Sleeping in shady, hidden areas during the day. Dining al fresco after dark, under the stars. It's a lovely thought.
I didn't realize they were nocturnal. B.
1572723448615.jpeg

Newman is managing to keep cool enough in KimT's tree 🤗

newman.jpg

I got this lucky capture - looks are deceiving he was only in this position for a moment, but it makes one awesome image 😁
This is Hugo and he is in JuJu's tree!
HugoNov4.jpg

Tillie you say you are in the middle of the fires and you might have to evacuate and some friends could lose their homes. Oh how to express wishes here ! I saw a report that said many koalas died because unlike many other wild animals they can’t run. The wishes are also for the animals.
thinking of all Australian people
Hugs

I also send my best wishes that the fires spare your home and all your animal friends. Thinking of you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back