Wow, a two for one! And I needed it. 🥰

I've got new lyrics humming in my head... 🎶

Kookaburra sits in Karen's tree
Jordan the Koala is not far, see
Laugh, Kookaburra, laugh, Kookaburra,
Gay your life must be! 🎶🎶🎶

🥰

Cathy that's perfect!!!!!

This is a new koala that blew in on the wild winds over the weekend and got named Ryder (because of how he was riding the winds high in a tree). He moved over to JiminVA Darcey's tree for a night ☺

ryder.jpg

August has been a strange month here - lots of males racing about chasing each other off.
The girls all have joey's out, but the males have them either hiding and so photo opportunities are poor, or they are staying away.
Still here is Bullet have dinner high up in Angiegal's tree.

bullet.jpg

Lots of koala activity in younger trees lately but now they are giving us what we want.
This is Dodge - can't remember if he has been shown here. He was hit by a car in June and we released him here early July. He has been coming and going a bit but was here in JuJu's tree for a night :)
Look at that fab nose pattern!
dodge.jpg

And all the action yesterday was happening in KimT's tree!
Jordan had Bullet bailed up for most of the day. Bullet managed to sneak out during the afternoon and did he take off!
They look close here but are quite far out on these branches - Jordan on the right snacking while Bullet just sits very still and quiet.

IMG_5828.jpg

After Bullet left, Jordan sat low in the tree for a bit, then just scent marked his way back up to the top 🤭
jordan2.jpg

Koala behaviour the past 1 - 2 weeks has been quite strange. Actually a lot of koalas moving through during August, but not many here at all the past few days. But lots of new koalas and in all kinds of unexpected places, so not so much activity in PALS trees as I would expect for the number of actual koalas!

But here we have Bullet in Pittsburghgal Frank's tree ☺ 🐨
bullet.jpg

This new fell Julius arrived here in July and it moving about the area as I've only seen him a total of 4 times, and this time he is in Angiegal's tree. Quite a handsome lad!

Julius.jpg

The mums are keeping their joey's quite hidden this year, but finally Racee is in a tree I don't usually see her in and we can see that bundle properly! They are in KimT's tree 🥰 🐨

racee.jpg

The other mum with a joey is Stevie, and she has been particularly evasive, but finally a glimpse way up so very high in KarenNWendyn's tree.
Hope you can make sense of that tangle - joe is lower centre of the image reaching for some leaves 💜 🐨
stevie.jpg

They are so gorgeous you just want to cuddle with them. Thanks for starting my day with a smile 🐨 😁

So exciting - I rescued this little girl, Luca, that was wandering on the road about 1 km down the hill from my property during the week. She got a full bill of health today and so I released her into NikkiJ's tree 🤗
I had a professional photographer on site, so there will be video in the next day or two.
These are 2 photos I took - one showing how gorgeous your Tallowwood is now at 8 years old, and one showing more of Luca.
P9080138.jpg
251LucaSept8.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back