Tillie's Trees

Status
Not open for further replies.
Frankie, Frankie, Frankie! You amaze me at how you can sleep.

If I were a rich man....I'd buy up thousands of acres and plant your favorite trees like my red gum (I think that is the right variety, Tillie). But since I am a modest teacher, I will do my best to make donations to help your cause in any small way possible. Kind of like the cause for ALS/MND research funding. I guess the little drops in the bucket add up eventually, right?

Cathy

"You boast of spending a tenth part of your income in charity; maybe you should spend the nine tenths so, and done with it."—Henry David Thoreau -Walden

Cathy

Blitz we all do what we can right? :) If I had the money I'd also buy thousands of acres and yes forest red gums would explode there!

KarenNWendyn's tree is hanging Phoenix out to dry :lol:

Attachments

• phoenix.jpg
    phoenix.jpg
    116.7 KB · Views: 110
Bullet in having an early morning contemplation in Angiegal's tree :)

Attachments

• bullet.jpg
    bullet.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 122
Hi Tillie
Thanks loads for sharing about the koalas !
If I understood well, there are a few unnamed trees on your property.
I told my dad about your initiative and he said he’d be glad if a tree can bear his name.
His name is Claude but everyone calls him Juju ( schooldays nickname)
He loves animals and trees so if one tree can be Juju’s tree, we’ll love it.
Kiss all the koalas for us ( virtually of course€

Thank you so very much Tillie!

Angie

MarieLaure I would love for Juju to have a tree :)
It was raining most of yesterday so I didn't get to put the label on it, but will this morning and put a photo up here. I hope it can brighten his days!

Merci !
Hugs
Today I learned that koalas are the mammals that sleep the most. An average of 23 hours a day they said.
Do you observe that to be true ?
We ‘be never been lazy for a nap but that does seem a lot

Here is Juju's tree. I love lichen as it is an important indicator of clean healthy air, so I put the label close to a lovely formation :)

Koalas do sleep a lot! The amount is more like 18-22 hours a day. The spend most of their awake time eating, and tend to literally fall asleep while eating as they have to eat as much as possible because the calorie content of eucalytpus leaves is so low.
A lot of that 'sleeping' time however they are not sound asleep but dozing and digesting. It's not laziness, of course that is a human concept - it is metabolism and how their digestive system works. They usually have their most awake period in the early hours of the morning from around 2am - 4am or so. But their need to eat a lot because of the low calories means they do wake and eat and even move about during the day as well.

Attachments

• MarieLaure-JujuTree.jpg
    MarieLaure-JujuTree.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 110
  • MarieLaure-JujuTreeLabel.jpg
    MarieLaure-JujuTreeLabel.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 117
Oh tears of joy spring out !
How beautiful!
I can’t wait till I show him !
Whereabouts in Australia do you live ? I know you said it before but I forgot. What big town can we googlearthize to have a hint ?
You are brightening his days for sure.
Juju is a great man who has been singing his way through life ever since he can remember. Do singing birds come by?
You are making our night !
You chose a really good tree for him
Love

I can see the lichen but cannot identify the type of tree. I apologize for my ignorance but what tree is that? Do koalas feed on it ?
I am sure everyone who has a tree named after them is so happy when a kola visits ��

Oh sorry it is a Forest Red Gum so yes it is a primary koala food tree indeed!

If you google Koala Gardens at Tuckurimba you will find the property and photos and video.

In street view, the images they used are several years old and the front paddock on the corner now has 300 young trees in it that are growing to help feed the koalas in care but none of them are showing - looks odd to look back in history that way!

The birdlife on the property is astounding from tiny honeyeaters to large predator birds.

The best songbirds are the butcher birds and magpies, if you google them you will hear their songs. Of course the laughing kookaburras are the first thing I hear each morning and I never ever tire of their sound - to me the world feels right when I hear a kooka and see a koala :)

Bullet put his old man face on as he spent the day in Pittsburghgal Franks' tree :lol:

Attachments

• bullet.jpg
    bullet.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 110
Hey JiminVA now Darcey's tree has had Maxine to visit - maybe some good vibe pheromones will be left about and more will follow the trail and start to visit! :lol:

Attachments

• maxine.jpg
    maxine.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 107
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back