Tillie's Trees

Status
Not open for further replies.
>all of a sudden my diagnosis has become very real. My faith is strong, but my spirit needed a lift. "My" tree on the hill has done that lifting.

very well said Audrey :)

I love "my" tree.
I love that we are all hanging out there on that beautiful property together forever, and can stop by and visit us every day.
I love that Max's tree makes me laugh!

Thanks,

So glad you love your tree Kay :)

I go around the property once nearly every day and often twice, so you are all on my mind even more than ever now!

Max has always been such a source of joy here in dark times with his photos and wit. And this tree of his was so long one of my favourite trees, it has a true beauty when it's not scraggly like it is now. So for me it's wonderful to laugh as I think of Max now whenever I look at this tree.

It's lifting my spirits as well and anything that helps lift the spirit should be embraced :)

NikkiJ now has a young tree which is a primary food tree for the koalas called a Tallowwood. I particularly like this specimen as it is right beside one of the paths I slash and I know that Clinger (one of my resident koalas) likes this one a lot though he does damage the branches a little so it isn't holding it's shape so elegantly. I had to tie your label on for now Nikki as the trunk is just too small to drive a nail into...

You are high up on the hill Nikki with that view over the coast that all the trees enjoy.

The last photo was back in February when I discovered Clinger in your tree :)

Attachments

• NikkiJ-Label.jpg
    NikkiJ-Label.jpg
    245 KB · Views: 441
  • NikkiJTree.jpg
    NikkiJTree.jpg
    370.8 KB · Views: 488
  • clinger1sm.jpg
    clinger1sm.jpg
    242.5 KB · Views: 466
Audrey (Jeanau) now also has her tree.

This is a younger Forest Red Gum and there are 2 of them side by side, yours is the one on the left Audrey. I would guess they are around 10 or so years old, judging by the size of the red gums I've planted and that have come up themselves. The koalas are frequently in these trees. Again your tree enjoys the views over the east coast of Australia :)

Attachments

• AudreyJeanauLabel.jpg
    AudreyJeanauLabel.jpg
    129.3 KB · Views: 452
  • AudreyTree.jpg
    AudreyTree.jpg
    328 KB · Views: 491
Oh I love it! Thank you so much Tillie! A Koala AND a beautiful view! I will visit often in spirit. I wish I could visit in person

Whenever I spot a koala in anyone's tree I will be sure to post a photo here :)

Oh Tillie...how wonderful of you to do this for me! I am filled with tears of joy. We are all connected in this journey, and my name on a tree overlooking the east coast of Australia makes this large world seem a little smaller. As John Wesley said...it is well with my soul!
Love,
Audrey

I can't wait for a koala sighting in my tree!

Oh Audrey, so remiss of me!

I just remembered that I have some photos of Clinger (he has been on the property every day since mid December which is amazing) when cyclone Marcia was giving us a big wetting in late Feb and he was very bedraggled in your tree.

I must say I've had a few tears of joy choosing and putting the labels on those trees myself!

Attachments

• clinger3.jpg
    clinger3.jpg
    460.6 KB · Views: 487
  • clinger4.jpg
    clinger4.jpg
    350.9 KB · Views: 474
I love this thread Tillie, I have just got back home today from our cruise to NewZealand and have a lot of reading to do to catch up.
Love and hugs Gem

Thanks Gem and Pete.

I hope you make a thread to tell us about the cruise, and don't forget happy snaps!

Neil is the one who thought up the idea and I'm loving it!

Today I did a tree for Dalvin as I talk to him often on fb.

Kay, you and Dalvin have trees side by side with their branches intertwining :)

Attachments

• DalvinTreeLabel.jpg
    DalvinTreeLabel.jpg
    121.3 KB · Views: 456
  • DalvinTree.jpg
    DalvinTree.jpg
    591.6 KB · Views: 473
>Kay, you and Dalvin have trees side by side with their branches intertwining :)

That's some good company!

>That's some good company!

Ditto that!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back