12/2016
Country
US
State
NC
City
Central NC
Tillie, you're an Koala angel.

On the areas that have been scorched.... have they estimated how long before at least
re-growth will begin? If it will at all?

I saw a video where a Grandmother saved a Koala that was was burned and walking
in burning embers. She was pouring water on his/her body. The Koala was crying.
It broke my heart watching it. She wrapped in a blanket and took it to a shelter.
They believe (hope) it will recover. When they take the bandages off it's feet/paws
they'll determine what may next.

Again, it broke my heart watching it. I can't imagine what you are going through.

affected

Guru status reached
Reason
Lost a loved one
Diagnosis
05/2013
Country
OZ
State
AU
City
lala land
Thank you Al, I answered in the bushfires thread you kindly started as I just can't pull a lot of hope out when discussing the fires.

beauty4everyone

Distinguished member
Reason
PALS
Diagnosis
04/2018
Country
US
State
GA
City
Someplace
Picture of Jordan made me smile. He looks like a little fat man who got stuck in the tree. Too many extra leaves late at night. B. :cool:

KimT

Forum Supporter
Extremely helpful member
Reason
PALS
Diagnosis
08/2015
Country
US
State
South
City
The Beach
Katrina,
Is there a fund we can contribute to help with the fires and horror that is going on over there? I tried to look on FB. You can send me a link to my e-mail or PM me here.

Clearwater AL

Very helpful member
Reason
PALS
Diagnosis
12/2016
Country
US
State
NC
City
Central NC
As you can see Tillie (Katrina - Affected) has not posted since Nov.24th or been on site.
She is overwhelmed with all at hand. She's trying to take a mental break. Keep her in
our thoughts and prayers.

Nikki J

Reason
PALS
Diagnosis
04/2014
Country
US
State
MA
City
Boston
I think she has been very busy with a project but she has been on Facebook and posting some Koala pictures there and think her immediate property is ok from what I could see.

beauty4everyone

Distinguished member
Reason
PALS
Diagnosis
04/2018
Country
US
State
GA
City
Someplace
Let the rain come soon! Keeping you close in thought and heart , Tillie. We hold out hope it will end soon. May blessings abound, B.

nona

Forum Supporter
Distinguished member
Reason
PALS
Diagnosis
02/2015
Country
US
State
NH
City
NEW LONDON
Thinking of you Tillie, and what must be going through these little guys' heads. My heart aches for you.

affected

Guru status reached
Reason
Lost a loved one
Diagnosis
05/2013
Country
OZ
State
AU
City
lala land
Sorry for my absence. I did need to take a mental health break but did not mean to be gone so long. I tried to come back one day and couldn't log in as I had to update all this stuff about my account here, and the site now expects me to be in the US. I get that, it's ok but when values I tried to add were rejected I had to put it aside for another day.
As Nikki says yes I have had a lot happening as well, and yes my property is unburnt, but the drought is taking a serious toll including the lowest sightings count for years.

Anyway, here is one lovely photo of young Phoenix yesterday, sitting in KimT's tree.
Most days with the heat, high winds and smoke blanket the koalas are low in areas of shrubs and weeds - behaviour changes in an effort to cope.
PhoenixDec13.jpg