Tillie's Trees

Status
Not open for further replies.
Phoenix was way up in the tippy top of KarenNWendyns tree yesterday. I hadn't seen her or her mum Racee much for many months, now they are around at least half the days each week (not complaining!)

And not far away, Jordan was in Angiegal's tree looking as regal as ever :)

Phoenix! I think that’s the first she’s been spotted in my tree. Thanks Tillie!

Ah Karen you may well be right too - it's been good to see her and Racee back and at first she was mostly in some wattles, so it was good to spot her high up in a food tree!

Dewdrop on lookout from Juju's tree :)

JiminVA and Darcey's tree got a real treat this week! I must say the tree has burst into fresh leaf big time over the past few weeks.
So firstly Krissy spent a day in there, and then the next day I couldn't believe Frankie was in there! I really never know what I will find out there.
Side by side you can see the colour difference in these 2 young fellas - pretty sure Frankie is a son of Jordan. He looks like a mini-Jordan in this photo!

I think I need a family "Tillie's Tree" to keep the geneology straight!:unsure:
Cathy

I read through every post in this thread this morning. It started the year I was diagnosed. Max, Pete, and Chally were so excited early on. I cried and cried but couldn't stop reading. But it gave me joy, too, knowing how happy these PALS were and how fortunate I was to know them and many others.

Katrina, do I have a tree?

Wow Kim, all these years and I can’t believe you don’t already have a tree.

This has been a special thread. I remember how excited I was when I got my tree. I’ve told many of my friends about this and shared photos. It’s always a special day when a koala is spotted in your tree 😄🐨.

Thank you Tillie! 👍 🥰 🐨

Kim, it would have been awesome to go through all from the start, it is a LONG thread!
You don't have a tree - but tomorrow morning that is going to change. We have known each other for some years now, and I am going to love putting a marker on a tree for you and thinking of you every day as I check on your tree.

I am so honoured, I can't explain it - to be in a position where I can actually bring some joy to the lives of PALS is truly one of the biggest honours there is. The restoration of native habitat and the effects that is having on so many species of native wildlife here has been such a huge and important part of my own healing from the tragedy of the loss of my Chris. So to be able to have that also ripple out and touch the lives of other PALS too - just priceless. If only Chris could have known this would happen, he would be bursting with joy to know that our dream property now is able to be a part of the lives of so many.

I'm so very glad you have joined the stories of hope 💜 🐨:love:

Karen, it always feels like I have you all with me every day when I am going around the property koala spotting. I get an extra thrill when I find a koala in someone's tree. 😁

Cathy I need one too - and the problem is so much of it is guesswork when it comes to those sneaky dads! :ROFLMAO:🐨

Thank you, Tillie. I'm so honored and humbled.

So glad you are getting a tree! Hoping there will be many visitors. It brings great joy!

I've had a typical Monday - everything upside down. All good, just upside down, but finally I have your tree labelled and photographed Kim. This is such a huge tree, and the youngsters that are the children of this tree are now getting so big I found it worked better to take the tree photo from up near the house. So the second photo shows the crown of the tree canopy and the view down over the cane flats and to the coast (can't see the water but can see the coastline). Pretty much 3/4 of that second image is purely the crown of your Forest Red Gum, so you can see it is pretty huge - around 35 m tall I would guess. These trees can live to 1000 years and commonly live at least 500 years. How old this one is I can't tell for sure, but I guess it is less than 100 years as it doesn't have true hollows yet. It does however have a nesting box for another vulnerable species - the little lorikeet.

In the photo of the label, you may enjoy to notice that I ensured I also captured a good koala claw scratch and lots of little claw punctures. This is the first koala sign we look for if surveying an area to see if koalas are about - it's very distinctive.

Now, let's hope we get a koala in there again real soon for you Kim :love: 🐨 😁

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back