Tillie's Trees

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep Jim that's what I wake up hearing every single day :)

Except it's in quadriphonics and surround sound as multiple kookas mark out their territory from different spots - freaking awesome!!!!!!!

Attachments

• 65KookaMar6.jpg
    65KookaMar6.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 108
I have to play catch up so check through the following few posts :)

Jordan stopped to check in at Angiegal's tree during the week - he is the alpha and so has to move over a pretty large territory all the time.

Attachments

• jordan.jpg
    jordan.jpg
    390.8 KB · Views: 118
beauty4everyone's tree made the perfect hang out for Bullet :)

Attachments

• bullet.jpg
    bullet.jpg
    115.2 KB · Views: 110
Frankie finally made his way back to spend a day in BlitzC's tree :D

Attachments

• Frankie.jpg
    Frankie.jpg
    102.4 KB · Views: 129
Bullet was bailed up in Pittsburghgal Frank's tree this week. Usually things are fairly quiet this time of year as breeding season is over, but the boys have been up, down and round and round.

You may have to look closely to see Jordan at the bottom of the first image :)

Attachments

• bullet-jordan.jpg
    bullet-jordan.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 111
  • bullet.jpg
    bullet.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 107
  • jordan.jpg
    jordan.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 117
Two days later and Bullet and Frankie were both in JiminVA Darcey's tree, but on quite opposite sides! That's a first that I've seen Frankie out of his usual area and in any kind of confrontation with another male. He must be starting to grow up!

Attachments

• bullet.jpg
    bullet.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 105
  • frankie.jpg
    frankie.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 106
Yesterday Bullet was still in JiminVA Darcey's tree - after so many months and months of never-a-koala in there, it's main street lately! That's how it can go too, and us mere humans have no idea why :D

Attachments

• bullet.jpg
    bullet.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 100
Jordan then spent one night and a day in Angiegal's tree, way up high :)

Attachments

• jordan.jpg
    jordan.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 104
Jordan then moved across the property a little to spend a day and a night in beauty4everyone's tree (just to keep you all feeling loved!)

Attachments

• jordan.jpg
    jordan.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 111
A new koala was seen here a few times last week. He got named Hugo to remember the Notre Dame disaster - quite a handsome fella too!

He spent one day he was here in KarenNWendyn's tree :D

Attachments

• Hugo.jpg
    Hugo.jpg
    100.9 KB · Views: 113
This one was a big surprise for me yesterday as Krissy has not been in this area of the property before and it took a while for me to figure out it was him. He is right up the top of JuJu's tree - so the first koala for you and a special boy he is.

Krissy contracted chlamydia from his mum last year at barely 12 months old. Sadly she did not survive it, but we were lucky to treat and clear him and he has been growing madly since returning to the property.

Attachments

• krissy.jpg
    krissy.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 112
So much activity!
Welcome Hugo-maybe you will be a regular around the property.
I have yet to be able to locate the identifying features as easily as you do. Is it quick and simple? Or do you sometimes use old photos to assist you? I can assume that seeing them so frequently makes it automatic. I just haven't figured it out!

Cathy

Oh so many of us get heart lifting news !
Juju asked me to print the photo of his tree and stick it on the wall. Now I ll print the view of Krissy as seen from underneath!
We have been watching quite a few documentaries about koalas and we love them. One of the sentences that run in the family is “ we have never been lazy for a nap” so koalas are perfect!
Nice having named newcomer Hugo
Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back