Diagnosis
05/2013
Country
OZ
State
AU
City
lala land
Well that thread title was just to get you wondering.

This came out of a comment I made in the alphagories thread.

I am just posting in case anyone is interested and wants to see some history about the area I live in.

A large part of the region I live in was called 'the big scrub'. It was originally rainforest and of course when Australia was invaded it didn't take long for the logging of precious rainforest trees such as cedar to begin the destruction.

The Terania story became a huge predecessor and this documentary was made about what happened.
I attended a fascinating event this week - a presentation 40 years later by one of the journalists that was involved, reflecting on his impression of what happened.

I believe this link is fine because this is the documentary produced many years ago, they are not asking for money, and I am posting purely for those interested.
300 people demonstrated and won.

Many years later, 2014 who would have thought anyone would be stupid enough to think that they could get CSG fracking happening here?
Over 10,000 people joined together and won hands down.
The Bentley Effect tells that story.
Sadly I was unable to be a part of this due to our battle with ALS at the time.

Anyway, just a bit of Tillie's local history and regional stories if you are looking for something to read about and watch online ☺

NO FRACKING? THANK GOODNESS!!! Applause 👏, pats on their backs, hugs and medals 🥇to all those who put the good of the earth and the inhabitants ahead of corporate greed! I wish the USA had more people like them. They do your country proud. May blessings abound. B:cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back