Diagnosis
04/2019
Country
US
State
FL
City
Fort Pierce
Has anyone read about Tiglutik in ALS News Today? Apparently it's a liquid form of Riluzole. Taking 10ml dose (2 teaspoons) is equivalent to a 50 mg tablet. Can be taken orally or through a PEG tube. Sounds interesting especially if your dealing with early swallowing issues.

What did they say? It has been out for a while I think. It would certainly be easier for a tube and get better delivery than crushing and dissolving as best you can ( what we did with my sister). Not sure the liquid would be easier than mushing the pill in yoghurt or similar if swallowing . It would depend on consistency.

anyone know how much it costs?

I just looked on goodrx one month usual dose 2400 plus

I would think it would be covered by insurance.

For people with medicare part d there is the coverage gap plus looking on medicare dot gov most plans don’t cover it yet so you would have to pay. If anyone thinks they might need it when you pick your part d in November it is something to look at

it is actually covered for me. My cost share is 17.5 times that of riluzole🤦🏻‍♀️

Last edited:
I switched to Tiglutik last year. I was on it for a little over two months. While certainly easier than crushing pills, Tigultik gave me the worst diarrhea I have ever had, perhaps that anyone ever had. While Diarrhea is a know side effect, it certainly seemed to get worse the longer I was taking Tiglutik. It stopped as soon as I switch back to the pills.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back