09/2008
Country
US
State
HI
City
Hilo
Aloha Again:

You all seem to have great knowledge in a new, scary place in my life. I seem to have so many questions with no one to answer them.

It seems to come and go, sometimes lasting a day or two, but my stomach mucles are very tight - is this something you have experienced? I'm not having difficultly breathing, but when its tight, I feel like I can't take a full breath sometimes. I have occasionaly felt it in my back also, but mainly my stomach. If so do you take anything for it?

Mahea

Is it like feeling something heavy under the ribs ? I still cannot figure out if it is a muscle spasm (diaphragm rather than stomach muscles), or it is a result of swallowing air.

It feels more like a muscle spasm that just stays tight? I called it my stomach, but that it only the area, it probably is my diaphram.

help me here,
Have you been to a doctor about this?

When I was being Dx, I told my Neuro about it - I had a sonogram of my stomach during all the other testing and nothing was abnormal. It has happened several times over the course of the last three months. He mentioned that anti-spasam meds can make "good" mucles weaker, so no meds were prescibed.

I was just wondering if anyone else had these symptoms.

What about lab tests?
Do you still have gall bladder, appendix, etc...
Did they check for h-pylori, or any other type of intestinal infections?
Any bowel or bladder problems going on?
Just trying to get a better picture, and no, I'm not a doctor, but it's no fun for you to be having stomach pain/rib pain, along with ALS,
take good care,
talk soon,
brenda

Mahea,

I was regularly experiencing something that I described as a tight belt or rubber band feeling around my lower ribs. It was very strong in the front and around the sides of my torso, fading as it went around my back. It would come sometimes just for a few minutes, sometimes for hours. It wasn't painful per se but could be pretty darn uncomfortable. And when I feel it, it seems as if taking a deep breath is harder. I can of course, it just is uncomfortable. Does this sound like what you feel?

I actually called my GP about it and he had me come in....and then we never even got to it...and your post is what reminded me that was one of the objectives of that visit and I didn't even realize we didn't talk about it. :-( I will share with my new neuro next week and see what he says, and report back to you if he has any suggestions.

Also, if it does sound like what you are feeling, I did find a description via Dr. Google called the "MS hug" that for the most part sounds like what I was experiencing. For what it's worth, if that is what it is, and who knows...it is viewed as basically an annoyance and it didn't sound like people are necessarily treated for it. Look it up and see if it sounds like your sensation. (and I apologize everyone for referring someone to the infamous Dr. Google)

Lydia

Well in the grand scheme of things Dr. Google isn't all bad. He does send a lot of people in need of good common sense info and support here. Good and bad with most of the net.

AL.

ALoha Lydia:

That sounds exactly like what I have been experiencing - I will check Dr. Google - Thank you.

Mahea

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back