00/0000
Country
UK
State
NY
City
KEnt
Hello,

Firstly i apologise if me my message and concerns come across as insensitive in anyway to those suffering.

Im 35 M and I first noticed my right thumb twitching a few months ago but shrugged it off, but now it seems to be 24 x 7, it happens at rest (or atleast is most noticable to the eye).

The last week or so ive started getting spasms in the side of my head on the left above the ear or and off quite a lot.

Im concerned about ALS and PD, i know i need to seek professional opinion but im just reaching out to see what the chances are its bad news?

Any feedback would be appreciated thank you

The chances of ALS/MND are nearly zero in your case.

Please read this if you have not already done so

Twitching is common, nonspecific, and meaningless in the absence of muscle function failure which you have not described. It doesn’t matter how much you twitch, how often, how fast, etc.. Twitching is meaningless.

See your doctor if you’re concerned.

The chances of ALS/MND are nearly zero in your case.

Please read this if you have not already done so

Twitching is common, nonspecific, and meaningless in the absence of muscle function failure which you have not described. It doesn’t matter how much you twitch, how often, how fast, etc.. Twitching is meaningless.

See your doctor if you’re concerned.

Thank you for your time Karen, apologies i found and read the article shortly after posting.

It certainly gave me some perspective that at this point it certainly doesn't sound like i have ALS based on my existing symptom.

My other worry is PD as "resting tremors" are described to be very common first symptoms, but naturally i can and will find another resource for that discussion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back