Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
PL
State
PK
City
Rzeszów
Hi all. I will try to keep it as short as possible because I know that this forum is for people with ALS but I am just a bit anxious about my symptoms. I am 22 y.o male from Poland with no familial history of ALS, However, I came across this disease because friend of my parents passed away of ALS about 1.5 year ago. My symptoms started about 2/3 weeks ago with stiff left hand thumb, I mean I can bend and straighten it and do normal things like grip a pen or a cup, also I don’t think I have a clinical weakness because I can do everything with my left arm but when I try to make a fast move with my thumb I feel some resist against it also I experience some resist when I type on my phone or on my keyboard. I think I made a mistake because I went on Google and it told me that muscle stiffness is a symptom of AlS which made even more anxious. Now my family is under 2 weeks quarantine because my dad went back from business trip so I cant meet my doctor and from telephone appointment my doctor told me that she cant tell me what it is but she also cant made an appointment with me while Im under quarantine. So here is my question. Is stiffness alone could be the first symptom of ALS because in internet its very unclear because some websites is telling that its stiffness and another is telling that its spasticity and what’s the difference between these two? I want to really thank you for your further answers. I also want to apologize for any grammatical mistakes because English is not my first language.

Start here, and read really carefully as it addresses everything you are concerned about.

Truly this is not ALS no matter what you found on google. All the very best, please stay safe in this awful time.

Thank you for your answer ☺. I try to made an appointment with my doctor as soon as possible . Maybe Im a little bit too anxious cause Im a type of a person who gets stressed about a lot of things. Hope you all are staying safe as well

Good idea, see a doctor. Coming to an internet site for terminally ill instead of going to a doctor is not the way to address this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back