Status
Not open for further replies.

kristin20

[quote:c91d5ddf5a="[email protected] "]hi , i'm new at this . i think i just found out how to post a topic. i was wondering if anyone has painful spasms in the throat. any remedies to help would be greatly appreciated.[/quote:c91d5ddf5a]

hi! i seem to be having throat spasms as well. i haven't went to a doctor yet, but it really bothers me and my throat feels itchy all the time (on the outside...) do you have this problem? i have been told that it also has something to do with anxiety..i do have anxiety attacks...any information would be helpful. thanks!

do you have ALS?

Hi, Not clear to me whether all of you who have the spasms have ALS, I'm Assuming you do as you wouldn't be on this site otherwise, right?
My mother in law, who has Bulbar ALS (speech, swallowing and breath affected first not last) has had very scary (we always think she is choking) throat 'episodes' and today, her doctors, after they saw a choking episode said it seemd to be a throat spasm and prescribed a drug that begins with a 'B' that is an antispasmodic (She has the name with her and I am not with her at the moment, sorry!) that helps with the muscle spasticity of regular ALS patients. WE will see if this helps.
You should check with your primary care physicians, I'm sure they know the drug as I believe it is in common usage for ALS. Hope this helps, -Kaneact (P>S> Just joined tonight so not sure if this site is just for caregivers of ALS patients or not, apologize if it isn't)

Hi
The site is for ALS patients (PALS) and their caregivers (CALS) so you are definitly welcome here. It is run out of the Canadian ALS Society but there are lots of people here from all over the world. We all try to help each other. The drug you are talking about is probably Baclofen, and is commonly prescribed to PALS as an anti spasmatic.
Welcome!

CHeers

T.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back