Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a different problem, I do get choked and have slurred speach but I can still eat about anything as long as I tuck my chin. I am gaining weight since my breathing is so shallow that I get out of breath just getting dressed. My mom wants me to not worry about the weight gain ( about 20 pounds so far) she worked in a nursing home and saw people lose massive amounts of weight before they passed away, I am trying to cut back on my food intake. I was walking 5 miles a day this time last year, now I can do 20 minutes on the treadmill with my trilogy machine helping me to breath. Should I eat now while I still can?

Jane,

I gained close to 35lbs since diagnosis.

I suggest you don't diet - I read that the higher the BMI the better (within reason) for a PALS. Initially, as my extra lbs were piling on, I really fretted but I have stopped worrying about it. Just getting used to wearing fat clothes - like sweat pants which don't actually require I break into a sweat!

I say eat, drink and be merry. While I can! :p

My husband has gained 30 pounds since diagnosed. He was a bit overweight to begin with. The doctor said " great..keep up the good work".

Thank you all, I have been worrying that when I go back to the clinic in 12/20 that they will tell me to lose weight, I am not going to worry about it anymore, love you guys!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back