Diagnosis
03/2017
Country
US
State
MA
City
Grafton
We got a loaner rolling shower chair to replace my current shower chair which does not have wheels. We have a very narrow shower stall and it's becoming too hard to transfer in and out of. I want to be able to have my PCA undress me in the bedroom, transfer me to the shower chair right there in the bedroom, then roll me into the bathroom and into the shower stall. Everything was going great until we hit the bump at the threshold, the shower chair wheels can't roll over it! I hadn't even thought of it because my PWC goes over it fine.

Is there some kind of mini ramp I could buy to put over it?

Threshold ramps are available yes.

I feel so silly. I did not realize that was already a "thing" someone had invented. Sorry!

Don’t feel silly. I only knew from my sister’s experience. Her home eval recommended them

thanks ladies! I am seeing some good ones on Amazon that would work

You may also be able to use thick duct-type tape, if it's not a running room issue, but just the bump.

If it is small and you use duct tape or similar, it can really help to push the shower chair backwards and you have no risk of falling forwards on hitting the bump or start of a small ramp.

two layers of duct tape did the trick.

or ...you could remove the threshold and put a low profile trim piece. That would be the cheaper way to go..just sayin!

it's a pretty big one, duct tape wouldn't do it.

bigmark can you post a picture of what you mean?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back