lisaohgee

Distinguished member
Country
US
State
IL
City
Evergreen Park
It's increasingly difficult to come up with a Christmas gift for my mom, but I had this idea and would like your thoughts on it.

I'm asking her friends, family, and co-workers to write her a letter. It can be about anything. I am going to compile all the letters in a book with mine being the last one. So many people want to visit her but she won't allow it, and I thought this would be a good way to have them reach out to her.

Thoughts? Would you or your PALS like it?

I think it is a great idea, they could include pictures with their notes. I am sure she will love it. What a very thoughtful gift from a very thoughtful daughter.

Dana

Wonderful idea! I can't think of anything that could be better, and be sure to have box of kleenex handy.

I LOVE that idea! How thoughtful! I'm sure it will all come together perfectly :D

Great idea! You could to one of those creative scrapbook type things (with pictures, as suggested). I think there are people that actually do scrapbooks for others as a living. I know they have really cool designs to pretty things up.

I think that's a great idea.

Wonderful idea! So loving and thoughtful. I bet she will love it!

Great idea! I like CJ's idea. You could suggest that when everyone mails (or emails) the letter, they could also send their favorite picture of themselves with your mom.

-Tom

I think it's a great idea. My pals would've loved it!

My husband's cousins did that and he loved it! It's an excellent idea.

ok- i think the idea is great and very thoughtful... and i dont want to rain on anyones parade here- but what is the reason your mom doesnt want people coming to visit? im thinking that if its because she doesnt want to or cannot handle the things that people will say to her, then this may backfire. Id suggest doing it, but letting her know when you give it to her, what type of letters are in there, so its not overwhelming for her. JMHO

She doesn't want people to see her this way because she is too proud.

I think it's a wonderful idea! My PALS would probably not get much joy out of it..then again she has issues with reading things for too long--gives her wicked headaches.

I am in the process of doing this very thing....The response from family and friends has been outstanding! I have already received a couple of letters for my PALS and I have to tell you reading them it is both wonderful and difficult I have been overwhelmed by the love in each of the letters. The letters are upbeat and in many cases quite funny. I know my PALS will be touched beyond words when he receives this book of letters.

D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back