Learn about ALS
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
UK
City
Birmingham
Hi All,

Just making a post in this thread to get peoples experiences and opinions on my symptoms.

Early Symptoms
Around 3 months ago, the first symptoms began which I brushed off as contact sport related. I’d feel a bruise like pain in my fingertip, sore when pressed. The pain passed shortly after, however would later reoccur in the same place and/or different fingers. Later that same week, I started feeling mild shooting pains down my right leg when swimming and muscle pain which seemed to be early fatigue of right lower leg muscles when running. The next day, I trained Legs in the gym and when i got into bed that night my legs felt like they had worms under my skin, I thought maybe i’ve just been training hard lately. I woke up in the middle of the night that same night and couldn't sleep with heart palpitations.

Current State
From here my symptoms progressed, I found myself in the doctors complaining of shooting pinching like pains all over that come and go as-well as muscle twitches/jerking all over and intense itching of my feet, shins, elbows and upper back tattoo, to the point that i’d draw blood itching. The muscle twitches or fasciculations as I now now them are all over and visible, predominantly in my legs. I soon discovered I cannot walk for longer than 10 minutes without what feels like crippling sciatica running down my right leg and pain in my right buttock. My right side/leg seems extremely tight, evident during stretching. The tight sciatica pain disappears moments after sitting/lying down. If i had a physical job on my feet I’d be unable to work. I haven’t noticed any numbness or pins and needles.

Doctor History
I have been in and out of the doctors like a yo-yo trying to get to the bottom of it with one doctor stipulating health anxiety, which I think is the ‘I don't know’. I’ve done all kinds or blood work coming back normal, only creatine levels tad high, which doctors have put down to having more muscle tone. They’ve referred me onto neurology however apparently this can take upto a year on the NHS? Which seems an absolute joke. Ive booked a private MRI of my brain and spine to rule out MS or a pinched/trapped nerve for Mid Jan and i’m currently awaiting referral acceptance for a privite appointment with a Neuro in Feburary, where i’ll mention getting an EMG.

Last edited by a moderator:
Please read here: Read Before Posting as it provides answers to many questions that bring people here. The photo of your foot with accompanying skin condition has been removed, as it was not helpful. There's not much more the folk here can provide you in the way of answers, as you don't report anything like the onset of ALS. A neurologist could provide you further insight, should it be neurological in nature, but only they can tell you if it is or not.

All the best

Hopefully you found the post from Shiftkicker made it clear that whatever is happening with you, it has nothing to do with ALS.
I hope you find a doctor you will trust, as you seem to be very anxious about what is going on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back