sebas123

Reason
Learn about ALS
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
MX
Hello

for 1 month I feel weakness in my right arm and leg, I also have ataxia, more pronounced in my right arm, despite this I can still write, open bottles, run, climb stairs, lift my arm, however, objects such as backpacks or bottles are heavy for me, and I also have muscle pain, I have fasciculations all over my body, although more frequent on the right side of my body, they are not persistent and usually last a few seconds, this was what made me suspect ALS.

before this, since May, I feel a tingling in the tongue, this It was accompanied by fatigue and dyspnea. since June I feels tingling in my left hand, this tingling has spread to my right hand, although it is not persistent, and occasionally my feets tingles.

I also have nausea, sometimes I have diarrhea and I have recently been developing lactose intolerance.

but, something that has me very scared is that I have dysphagia, this occurs mostly towards solids, this made me suspect bulbar onset.

I have been very stressed and worried, symptoms like dysphagia or weakness improve when I forget about ALS and get worse when I get stressed about it again, I already went to the orthopedist and they did X-rays of my spine, nothing interesting came out, just a slight scoliosis .

Although recently I have been suspecting MS or vitamin deficiency, but there is no study to confirm it.

Hello-

We ask that all people who post here read this link first: Read Before Posting

In it you will read that symptoms that come and go, sensory issues like tingling, and gastrointestinal problems all point to something other than ALS. While you must be very concerned, what the cause might be is something for you and your doctor to figure out. You also state you have ataxia, which is a movement disorder that has a few different causes. Are you working with a neurologist? What do they say?

No, I haven't go to a neurologist, the ataxia worsens when I get stressed, when I stop thinking about it, symptoms like ataxia or weakness improved, but it is not ataxia per se, but rather that my hand feels strange and I have to concentrate more to make coordinated movements.

We advise people go see a doctor for expert medical care first before trying to figure out if they have ALS based on internet searches. Strangers on the internet can not provide a clinical exam and do not have access to the medical resources a doctor has. Please make sure to read the link provided above for answers to the questions you have asked.

I doubt you have ALS. But it is very likely that a doctor can help you feel better, so why not go and see?

Honestly, seeing a doctor is the only thing we can suggest.
ALS doesn't present this way, but there is no reason not to get examined and find out that you have something that can be treated.
All the best.

well, I have seen atrophy and a slight deviation on the right side of my tongue, as I said, it all started in May, when I started with fever and burning in the tongue, I also had an infected throat, later I recovered, 1 month later I started with paresthesias in the left hand, then I had episodes of diarrhea.
At the end of July, I discovered ALS, and I discovered that it caused tongue atrophy, I checked my tongue and saw an atrophy on the right side, the fasciculations started, then I forgot about ALS and thought that maybe my tongue had always been like this , but later I saw that my tongue was slightly deviated to the right.
I recently discovered the epstein-barr virus and read that it could cause neurological damage, lately I've been thinking about it but I also suspect ALS

As you have been told above it doesn’t sound like our experience but you need to see a doctor. No one here can diagnose you nor are we here to support the musings of someone who is not willing to seek medical care or if you did are not sharing their opinion . Closing thread. Please do not start another

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back