Reason
Other
Country
PL
State
Poland
City
Wrocław
Hello, I’m 28 years woman. I have twiches and a lot of strange feelings from 3 years - all the body + tounge. Sometimes I feel weaknes in my right leg and left arm + I think have problem with disphagy. My 2 neurologist said is not ALS and said the EMG is ok. I had a few EMG, the last EMG was 2weekes ago and neuro said is ok. I think that I have a tounge atrophy - my neurologist said „is not atrophy” and EMG from tounge is ok after 3years from the first symptoms. My right leg is a little small than left but neurologist said is natural different - not atrophy. I can stay from my heels and fingers. It sounds like a ALS?
Is the tounge atrophy on the pictures?

Thank you.

Attachments

• 12F42EA5-DD1A-4EC4-B2D2-A43FEFCBB2F6.jpg
    12F42EA5-DD1A-4EC4-B2D2-A43FEFCBB2F6.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 1,003
  • 97118270-3399-452F-B01E-966E2F7F22FB.jpg
    97118270-3399-452F-B01E-966E2F7F22FB.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 4,793
  • 1A74DCDE-A411-4DB5-9744-C94834BFD74D.jpg
    1A74DCDE-A411-4DB5-9744-C94834BFD74D.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 839
Why would you even ask? You have multiple EMGs to say no, including one from 2 weeks ago. 2 neuros have said it's not and that you have no serious symptoms. You do not belong here.

You've had two clean EMGs and an official "it is not ALS". Therefore I ask, why are you even posting here? If you've been chasing an ALS diagnosis for three years, perhaps it's time to move on and let it go. For your own heath and happiness. You are given one life and perhaps you should focus on the positives, or seek counselling if you are unable to do so.

And for the record, to you and future DIHALS posters, please, please do not post tongue pictures. They tell us nothing and are inappropriate and unpleasant to look at. Sorry if that sounds harsh, but seriously, you're posting your tongue pics for the entire planet to see.

A big congrats that you don't belong here. I'm truly happy for you.

Thank you for your opinions. I apologize for the tounge pictures. I'm worried about my symptoms that keep nagging me. Vibrating muscles, stiffness, cramps. Slimmer leg. I had an EMG from this leg. It did not come out quite clean, but the doctor said it was absolutely not a SLA and I should not show myself anymore. control EMG is not needed. My neurologist, who studied the reflexes - one and the other - said the same. I also had my hand and tounge EMG. the neurologist who did EMG said that I should not think about it and wrote in the conclusions: "I have no reason to identify changes in the field of motoneurons alpha. Bioelectric record in the standard, as in previous studies. "Can I have a questions?
1. If my language really would atrophy then EMG would show changes?
2. After 3 years, would the EMG result be so bad that the neurologist would know it was SLA?

I greet you so much and thank you for every word.

Sucha- I think no one else answered you because they feel you have been answered already and have nothing more to add. You do not believe your doctors. You do not believe several emg's. And you do not believe the two people who have already answered you here.

OK I understand. Do you think that I really have nothing to worry about? After 3 years, EMG would have already shown characteristic changes for ALS? should I get help from a psychologist? I'm just worried because all these symptoms are still teasing me. thank you for the conversation. Greetings and hugs.

Obsessively sitting on a forum for terminally ill people, day in and day out, hour after hour requires the help of a psychologist. You've been given the all clear from numerous neurologists for a disease you seem to want so badly, but you do not have.

Go get a psychologist and perhaps a new hobby. Take time for those less fortunate than you so you can appreciate the life and physical health you've been given. Please work on your mental health to free you from this obsession of wanting a terminal illness.

Good luck to you in the future.

Take good care.

Sucha, you said "Do you think that I really have nothing to worry about? After 3 years..."

After 3 years of ALS, you would probably be dead.

You do need help, but not with ALS. Good luck.

Thank you for good words and advice.
I am worried because I have symptoms such as: muscle twitching - also on the tongue, burning on the skin and tongue, skin pins, vibrations inside muscles, muscles get tired more quickly, cramps, sometimes stiffness, feeling of walking worms under the skin and throat .

my neurologists do not see it disappear and EMG tongue is good after 3 years, although it seems to me that it has changed a bit.

By all these symptoms I can not let go :-( I am in the 8th month of pregnancy and it is very difficult for me.

"The neurologist said that after 2 years of swallowing problems I would not swallow and if the tounge would disappear it would be seen and the EMG tounge would show changes. ThIs is true? :-(

EMG limbs also does not indicate muscle pathology.I registered for psychotherapy.My husband has enough of me, and I'm afraid that I have this terrible disease. :-(

If not for my symptoms, I would definitely give up - for the last year not even I was thinking about this disease, I do not know why it came back.

I greet you and send good wishes.

In the 8th month of pregnancy (and before), lots of temporary changes in your body occur. If you cannot let go of it, therapy is a good idea since you will want to focus on your new baby. Congratulations on the impending arrival!

The neurologist is correct in saying MND does not manifest as two years of swallowing difficulties that do not show up on an EMG of the tongue after that time. Bear in mind that anxiety dries up the mouth and makes you focus on the process of swallowing, that other people do without thinking about it.

Best,
Laurie

Sucha, you wrote "The neurologist said ...ThIs is true?

If you don't trust your doctor, get another doctor.

If you trust strangers on the Internet more than your doctor, that's a problem.

We have said several times, that you have not shown us any reason to think about ALS.

or after 2 years of disappearing tounge - the neurologist saw that it was atrophy? I would have speech problems? I think that I have tounge atrophy :-( but is slowly.

Sucha- There is, quite simply, nothing more the people here can do for you. You will not listen to the wise words of the people here. You did not believe doctors. You did not trust the multiple emgs. You need help, but you will not receive it on this forum. It is for people who have ALS and their caregivers.

Sometimes we answer questions from people about ALS. If those people will not hear those answers, and persist on coming back, it means they are using this forum in place of proper medical and psychological help. We are not a support group for people who are experiencing health anxiety.

This thread is now closed. Please do not open another or approach any of our members. Go see a doctor and get proper, in person attention.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back