09/2007
Country
US
State
USA
City
Any
Hi Friends,
I was watching tv the other day, and someone was talking about how expensive it is to run a web-site. It got me thinking, so I said to my husband, how can the forum run without advertisers and such. He looked at me and said good question.
Well I started thinking, and thought this board must go just on the donations in receives, and such. Dave, Al, Cindy, volunteer board, what an inspiration. I myself think this board is worth a fortune, and wanted to remind everyone that this board needs us, after all hasnt it given us a ton...My latest donation is on the way..Thanks again, sorry for if I made you guys blush, but you deserve it...Hoping

i enquired last week at my bank about this. as i am in the uk with different currencey it,s a little difficult. i can either send a cheque to al or isit dave, this would be in sterling so i would need to add a bit extra as it would cost to change it to dollars. or i can send a donation in dollars but need a bank/name of who to send it to and it will cost me £20 each time. if al or anyone knows the best solution i,d be gratefull.

If this forum had a Paypal account or something similar, then contributions could be made from many different currencies.

I may be wrong but I think David does have a paypal account. I'll check.
AL.

Thank you, Hoping. It is my understanding that David underwrites the cost of this forum himself: I totally agree that we should contribute since it has proven so helpful to so many.

As a reminder: what makes this forum sucessful is the spirit in which everyone contributes his or her opinions and ideas. Everyone is respectful, which sets a wonderful tone, and for that I want to thank all of you! :-D Cindy

Proof that this a labor of love, Bless you guys. Yep Dave has it so you can use Pay-pal. Thanks again Al, Cindy, and Dave....

And shame on me, i've never donated....i forgot...sorry.

Al, PM me an address, i'll send a check. I did donate alot of air miles for a family here with ALS to go to disney world. It made my year to help a family that needed a good time, we all have something little to contribute!

To the rest of yall, i better do some more flying, then we can all go to disney world....hooooraaay!

Rgds,

Jamie

Jamie,
you are such a good guy..I love the Disney idea, when we get a cure we all will go to Disney together.

thankyou al,cindy,hoping. could someone tell me about paypal,is the info on it on this forum?. i do believe in donating to a valuable service like this forum. i regularly donate monthly to a few charitys though all animal ones as a big animal lover,i am a bit sceptical about donating to relief/medical ones as i know the funds are not used in the right way/against animal testing. however like hoping and cindy said we all get a invaluable service here with the best support/info/friendship money can't buy and if dave was ever not able to continue funding this forum where would everyone go.
bestwishes to you all
caroline

Paypal is a payment service owned by eBay. You can go to paypal.com and sign up to either have payments taken from a credit card or a bank account. They also hold money in an account for you if you sell on eBay that you can turn around and spend. It is not just for eBay purchases. I have joined an teacher's online resource, contributed to a charity, and registered for a conference all through Paypal. You have to have the person, business, or charity's Paypal email address to send them money.

thankyou shatzie, i will have a look tomorrow its getting late at night here in uk.
i could not believe my bank would charge £20 for each transaction,but then again we are talking about a bank.
al/dave could you please let me know the email address to set this up.
thankyou
caroline

Hello everyone!

Al brought this thread to my attention; nice to have members willing to chip in; we do receive gifts from time to time and it helps offset costs and moderator expenses (keyboards, mice, hardware, etc). We're very thankful to have such committed and generous members.

We always welcome donations which can be provided on a volunteer basis through PayPal using the following link: Donate to ALSForums (THEN, CLICK ON THE "MAKE A DONATION" BUTTON)

We're not setup as a non profit; so while we can provide receipts, they're not tax deductible :( We encourage everyone to give, but if you wish to give large sums it's likely best to donate to your local ALS related non profit in order to get a tax receipt, and to have a portion of your donation go towards research.

Our expenses are minimal because most everything has been donated; our biggest expense is time, which as you all know, is provided freely by all moderators. The money donated goes towards equipment for our moderators; it just doesn't seem fair they replace their own keyboards when most keystrokes go towards answering all of the questions posted here at ALSforums :)

We have spent time testing advertising possibilities but they just don't appear to fit with our goals with the site; more to come on these possibilities as they unravel. Our goal is to keep the site online in perpetuity - whatever we can do to make this a reality will be executed; at the moment, volunteer based donations goes towards this goal.

If you have any ideas, or wish to discuss opportunities with the site please feel free to contact Al, CindyM or myself.

All the best,

David

funding

What a great idea! If Dave or someone would email me an address for PayPal, I'd like to contribute too.

Sis

dave

thankyou dave for the information i will look into it tomorrow, and its very nice to meet you,you are doing a terrific job,all the best to you.
sis, shatzie said its paypal.com

Thanks David for this wonderful forum. I made a donation this afternoon via PayPal. It's easy especially if you already have a PayPal account. If not, it's easy to set one up.
Many blessings and all the best,
Jane

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back