Diagnosis
06/2008
Country
US
State
ma
City
lexington
Are any other bulbar onset people really thirsty all the time? I try to drink the 64 ounces a day but still am thirsty. Is it from mouth breathing and trying to talk, which I can't really do anymore? I have also stared thickening liquids, juice and even my wine before dinner, with a product called Hydra-Aid could this be it?

Hi Marianne,

Ask your doctor to check your electrolytes levels. Thirst is one symptoms when these levels are low.

Glen

I will do that, thanks, maybe I should try some Gatorade in the meantime.

I am constantly thirsty too, and also "starving." The supplements just don't seem to be enough. I'm going to try pulverizing "real food" and see if that will make my stomach happy. It's why I struggle to eat a little something by mouth every day.

I try to convince my body that the water I drink is quenching the thirst, but my body isn't buying it.

I'm blenderizing all my food. It's amazing, tonight we had bbq, pulled pork, cole slaw and beans. I have a mini chopper by cuisnart and pulverized them to eatable consistency. It was delicious.
I'm beginning to think the thickener I use is making me thirsty. I sent them an e-mail to ask. I have a clinic appointment the 17th and the thirst issue is at the top of the list.

I'll keep you updated..

Marianne

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back