Diagnosis
08/2013
Country
CA
State
Ontario
City
Hamilton
I am the their person in my family to have ALS.
First was my father in the early 90's. Then my sister in 2010. Now me in 2013. So this is no mystery to me.
I knew when I started to loose the movement on my foot that I had ALS. Although I had to 3 neurologist before anyone would consider that it could be ALS. Finally testing confirmed what we already knew.
All that said, I try to keep a positive attitude. I don't worry to much about how this is going to progress or what will come next. As this is the third time dealing with it so I know! I try to focus on the things I can still do.
One thing getting diagnosed early did was give me the time I need to ensure that I could get the equipment I needed.This makes everything easier for me and my family. And I can stay at home that much longer.
So far all of us out there, all I have to say is this. Time is limited don't waste it grieving what you can't do anymore. Or crying about being sick. Use the time you have to make the best memories you can. Kiss your family! Hug them often. And tell them in your loud voice you love them everyday. Because no matter what happened before you got sick what they will remember is the time you are sick. So think about how you want to be remembered and make it happen.

Making the best of everyday I have left.
Third

grin::grin::lol:

Hi Third
Nice to meet you but wish it were elsewhere. I am Nikki but I guess I could call myself Sixth! I was just diagnosed, my sister has had it for 2 plus years and my mom and her siblings are all gone. We are C9. Do you know your defect? They are working hard on the genetic treatm ents and I am hopeful for the next generation.
I like your attitude
Best wishes
Nikki

Nikki
Thanks for the reply. I have Sod1. I am sorry to hear about you. It's really sucky! But if we can't have healthy bodies we can at least have healthy minds.
Your right there is a lot of research going on. That's a good thing. Maybe they will come up with something soon.
Keep your glass half full. It makes thing so much better!

Third

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back