Diagnosis
02/2022
Country
US
State
CA
City
San Andreas
My husband has bacterial pneumonia. He was looking better, but has taken a turn for the worse.

I have been non stop nursing him for 4 days. He told me today on his phone that he is done.

I am in dispair.. yet do not want him to suffer either. Today was rough, his family, who have never even been around all piled in today. I feel like I have been chewed up and spit out.

He wants to take his goodbye drink on Monday, one day shy if his 62nd birthday.. I will hang here on the forum to possibly buck someone up if they need it.

I feel privileged to have been here with you all. You have helped light my path when I was in the dark.

😢😢💔💔💔

I'm so sorry, Zephyr. While we want our PALS in our lives always, knowing when and how the suffering will end is its own relief and often the best gift we can provide. Thank you for being willing to offer it. You and your husband will be in our thoughts on Monday.

If you are so moved, you are welcome to start an In Memoriam thread when the time comes, and of course to stop back by, after, at your own pace, to shed some of your own light.

Best,
Laurie

I'm so sorry, we are never ready.
No one else will ever know what a gift you can give him to support him going out on his own terms. That is a real F you ALS, it doesn't win, he has choices.
But the grief for us left behind is real.

I have always felt I could only make sense of having been through this with my Chris, if I can use it to help someone else.
Take your time and do what you need for you. Family can be really hard work, even when they mean well.
Talk here as you need in these last days, we are with you.

I am so sorry. My thoughts are with you and your husband. This takes courage and strength. You have both.

I am so sorry for what you are going through, and I’m especially sorry for you and your husband that his family didn’t support you both through this journey. Knowing you were there with him and for him every step of the way I’m sure has been everything he needs.

Thoughts and prayers and love to you and your husband. 💞🙏🏻

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back