Diagnosis
08/2015
Country
US
State
South
City
The Beach
I thought a good topic to consider as we all progress is services that can be provided at home. I live in a condo that is accessible. I can still drive so some of these things will be for me in the future and some I already do/have now.

Please add to my list. I understand everything isn't available everywhere but I'll list the goods/services in my area that can be provided in my condo.

1. Meal delivery services (I'm currently using Healthy Chef and really like it. I also get Healthy Harvest smoothies delivered every Thursday. They will ship anywhere in the US and are full of good ingredients. You just add your liquid of choice and throw it into the Vitamix. I add Greek Yogurt and it tastes like chocolate ice cream.)

2. Massages

3. Manicures/pedicures

4. Haircuts (a friend was doing mine for free for the first year I was here. Now I'm looking for someone new but, in the meantime, I still go out for this service.)

5. Housecleaning

6. General practitioner who does house calls (I've not used him.)

7. Counselor who does Facetime on ios devices (I've used him even before ALS.)

8. Errand service (a lady in my building does this.)

9. Grocery and drug delivery (both stores only 1/4 mile away but they do deliver and I'll consider this in the future.)

10. Cooking (a lady in my building does this for about 3 residents so far)

11. Mobile dog groomer

12. Mobile car wash/detail

13. Grub Hub - delivers from local restaurants

Many cities have a PDF guide that you can download, of people/businesses who will come to you. And if you find highly-rated businesses via Yelp, NextDoor, etc., or from previous experience, you can always ask.

In our city, and I would suppose others, in addition to Kim's great list, that includes accountants, attorneys, car maintenance, and let's not forget wheelchair repair, adaptive van rentals, and the like.

In cities with Prime Now, many items are available same day, and other options like WalMart compete as well.

Services like TaskRabbit will bring a prescreened helper to your home for many tasks, from putting things together to dropping something off or picking something up for you.

There are also personal concierge services if you want to combine some of these needs.

Best,
Laurie

laundry wash and fold, pick up and delivery service.
pet waste removal service (dogs and cats).
Lawn care and snow removal
Cleaning lady.
Food delivery
On line shopping and delivery for most items to include pet products.
I use paper plates and cups to minimize dish washing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back