Diagnosis
11/2015
Country
US
State
MT
City
Boyd
I have just spent over an hour and a half on the phone with the credit card company as well as several companies discussing autopayments on charges on my PALS credit card.

Back in March while we were at Mayo in Rochester. My PALS says to me over breakfast (some of you will remember), "Wow the wrinkles on your face are bad! Isn't there a cream or something you can use?" I was thrown off so bad I had to step out of the room.

Fast forward to today. I had been getting a small bottle of cream in the mail every so often, no invoice, no phone number to the business. One time I had a phone call stating I was being charged to credit card number XXXX. Well I don't have a credit card with that number. Today I happened to get in my Junk email a re subscription for said cream. Finally a phone number and a real person. Talk talk talk...the gave me some information.

I get off the phone and ask my PALS about credit cards. He holds one up from off his desk that I did not know he had. It has the numbers. I find a statement with a balance due of $528.00 on it!!!! With automatic re subscriptions and orders. When I ask him about it the response "I don't know"

I have called the credit card company, they asked to speak to him to get permission to speak to me. I was able explain the situation and will be sending the POA and other info for me to be able to do the account. I was able to call all the auto re subscriptions and explain and they canceled and will be refunding the charges.

I had to call three different companies that he has ordered stuff from. One was for 73.00 subscriptions to magazines. We don't get any magazines! I was able to cancel all of them.

I hope this helps others to be on the look out of their FTD PALS and any purchases they might be doing with out us CALS knowing.

WHEW!

Sorry you are having to deal with that mess. I am glad you were able to get them to cancel and give you refunds. Thanks for the warning.

Steve was buying things also....without recollection. He would use our normal accounts....he didnt open any new ones. I put a fraud alert on the accounts so I had to approve purchases the last few months.

Steve had a pretty swift cognitive decline the last 6 months. They repeatedly said no ftd just normal decline of als.

I am so thankful that the accounts we had that actually had money in them he did not have access to! He had one account that his pension (sickness benefit) went into and it had an auto payment that put a lot of that directly onto the mortgage, so just a bit of money was then left there.

He would spend that online and was happy and so was I.

It is a really common thing with FTD to do this with money and I know my Chris could have done things that would have crippled me financially if he had access to those accounts. BTW the only reason he didn't was because he never got around to setting up the internet banking for that new bank we changed to ... PHEW!!!!

I'm so glad they were understanding and have solved this for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back