Status
Not open for further replies.
Michael- i am picturing that and i am laughing, but then get sad. sorry my friend.

Don't be sad! It tasted just as good off my face as out of the cup. That's why I grew my mustache just didnt know it was why till then. Big lol

ROTFLMAO- mustaches, not just good for crumbs... I love it.

Isn't that where you keep lunch for the next day?

Randy, fun thread!

Making these kind of comparisons invites misery. We can always find people both better off and worse off than ourselves. It is all about making the best of what you have.

This started off as an uplifting thread about the unique perspective granted to us as a result of our living and coping with this terrible illness.

Sorry if I was a grump.

When I was a kid, I thought that your nostrils would become obstructed with snot if you stopped picking your nose.

I know now that this is not the case. :)

A collective "eeyew"!

Thats funny rcharlton! That makes me think of something I was telling my PALS the other day... one of those things you dont tell alot of people becuz they will most likely look at you weirdly...
I always thought it would be cool to pick someone elses nose... but no one really wants to volunteer for that so I never got to try it out.
Well, guess who needs his nose picked sometimes?... Ha. Works out great!
So I learned that anything can work out in your favor...

its easier to button someone else s pants and shirt if your standing behind them. gives new meaning to behind every man stands a good women

Your to cool liz

What I've learned is I can still do all the things around the house ,but only in my mind,my body just won't cooperate.
this is very frustrating trying to tell someone else how to do the things you once did.l

I am learning very gradually, how to do without...and just be!

today i learned that if i hold an overnight urine bag in front of me when i empty it over the toilet, i can do what ive always wanted to do and pretend i am a boy peeing... it was SO FUN!

Since finding out this was a possibility I've learned:

1. Some medical supply stores are really kinder and not out just for money. (The local store repair guy spent hours tracking down the problem with my scooter--and only charged me for the batteries--not any of the other labor)
2. The ALS association here in FL is just awesome
3. Stairs suck
4. how to hold a fork right handed
5. that I don't miss buttons
6. who needs tennis shoes? Crocs rock
7. that 'pay it forward' feels awesome
8. using a scooter is better than falling
0. it's hard to hold a cane with collapsing wrists
1. this forum has awesome people
12 bottling things up is harmful to my health

I am sorry if I offend anyone but I had to laugh at the statement "How powerfull the force of gravity really is". I had my first fall since being diagnosed. As a former rugby player use to falling I completely concur with that statement. My arms went "awol" when I tried to use them to break my fall. The fall was luckily in the garden and I went head first into the Clyvias. I just sat there and had a good laugh at myself and waited for the cavalry to help me get back on my feet.

As A Caregiver I have:

Nerves of Steel
A Stomach made of Cast Iron
A Back Strong As An Ox
Shoulders Broad Enough to Carry the World
And Can Do Anything on my Own

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back