Status
Not open for further replies.
>Sheridan Near McMinnville, south of Portland

born Ashland, then Medford class '70

I thought I'd seen that somewhere! I can't say I was born there: my parents californicated Oregon in the late `50s / early `60's!

Another rusty web-foot.

How about them pears, Max?

Born at home on the south bank of Bear Creek near Oak St. in Ashland St. Patrick's Day / Palm Sunday 1940.
Lived in Myrtle Point, Ontario, Salem, and graduated from Springfield High in 1958. Worked in pear packing plants in Phoenix (OR) and Medford summers.

Left Oregon for San Diego right out of high school, on my own. Lived Mexico City, Illinois, W. Germany (Army), and returned to San Diego 1968. Been in same Model T era Spanish style house in HB for 41 years now.

Kinda' sorry for the drift....

>Born at home on the south bank of Bear Creek near Oak St. in Ashland St. Patrick's Day / Palm Sunday 1940.

what year did you leave the Valley? I think we moved there in '45. have brothers '34, '36, '38, and '45 ...

spent lots of hours in Bear Creek and in Lithia Park ... :)

We moved to Myrtle Point from Normal Ave in 1947. I have 3 older brothers and 3 older sisters, and I may be the first to go. Oldest bro survived Normandy +5 days and Battle of the Bulge. He will be 90 soon. All his records were lost in a VA fire, and he hasn't received any VA benefits. Second bro survived the near-sinking of carrier Franklin. He was awarded Bronze Star, which helped him a lot in his 20 years USN. Third bro was 20 years Army. Like oldest bro, I was a draftee.

What stories they can tell! I'm envious :)

Glad I got Steve out for the day last Sunday for his first wheelchair excursion. I wasnt too bad a driver for him so he wants to go again! Maybe the days of being housebound are over!

>Maybe the days of being housebound are over!

:)

i be glad when i could get my chair out on the great wide open sidewalks. im ready to go. it's good steve got to get out. tell him one day we might have to have a race.

I was pushing him and hills were involved. Our van and the loaner pwc arent compatible:( I dont think I will be ready to race you any time soon! ;)

no that's not. but i do have jane and just a wheelchair. you would win jane a little slow

Being glad of something we've done helps us realized how really amazing life is.
I'm glad that I was with my wife almost of my entire life, I was happy and I felt complete with her.

i hope my wife haves the same out look as you do after im gone. all i want is for her to go on wit her life and be happy.

Max, this pic I just received is for you. That's oldest bro and me in 1941-2. Mom is standing in the front of the house where she gave birth to me. The house was the caretaker's cabin for the rock crusher on the sourth bank of Bear Creek, NE of town. Nobody ever mentioned the noise from it, but I can just imagine.

There used to be a barbershop downtown Ashland near Bear Creek. A sign in the restroom said, "Flush, Medford needs a drink."

Attachments

• ClarenceRalph (Small).jpg
    ClarenceRalph (Small).jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 143
>Max, this pic I just received is for you. That's oldest bro and me in 1941-2.

Just passed on to the brothers!

>There used to be a barbershop downtown Ashland near Bear Creek. A sign in the restroom said, "Flush, Medford needs a drink."

still true :)

thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back