Status
Not open for further replies.
Today I woke to find him on the floor again, face down and called 911. We had a VA appt for lift training and it will be limited as our bathrooms aren't designed for those. We do have a hand splint coming along with a shower buddy. I'm thinking its time for an all night caregiver as I can't leave him alone yet I need sleep. We have a long drive to Palo Alto tomorrow and our caregiver is coming with us. We need to leave at 5:30 to be there by 8. Please keep us in your prayers that this visit goes well and they see that he has declined rapidly since they saw him in Dec.
Thank you all for your support and kind words, they help immensely!

Hugs,
Jen

Love you lots Jen...

Good luck tomorrow! We'll keep you in our prayers.

Give the VA a list of dates and times of his falls.

Jen,
You won't need a lift in the bathroom if you have a ShowerBuddy. It has a commode bucket. He can be transferred in an adjacent room or hall, someone can hold his legs if needed, and you can roll him into the bathroom.

Oh Jen, I am soo soo sorry. I pray you will find strength to get through this. It doesn't matter how many times we go over this in our heads - and how we have looked up more info than you can imagine...when it comes its different. And it HURTS, and Scares us....
I am praying that you will remember that we are all here for you. Much love
Amy

A day later and more changes! The VA visit was pretty positive...adjustments to his wheelchair, in home medical care, caregivers, care for depression and PTSD, care for bathroom issues, pulmo issues and best of all; he decided he wants to vent so he has more time with Maddie. We will be approved for the auto grant and the home remodel as he has lost the use of three limbs...this has taken us since 9/11 to be seen by the Palo Alto crew. He was not able to complete the breathing test as they couldn't get a seal...(coulda told them that). We were up at 5, out the door 45 min. later and not home until 5. Don't know what to say...
Your prayers and kind thoughts were much appreciated and felt the whoooole day!

Jen

What a long day, but so much progress was made. Good for you. You are a great advocate for Rog. This, in addition to all the love and support and caring you give, is so very important. You must be so tired. Vent meaning tracheotomy? Did you find anybody for night time care? Thinking of you. Yasmin

You are so strong, loving and kind. Power to you. I am sending you hugs and hope things can get alittle better now.

Hope you are both resting all day today. Get pizza delivered! Glad to hear you'll be getting some things you've been needing!

Thinking of you Jen and Roger. Sending more prayers your way. I have God on speed dial lately. Love, Kim

Jen, I'm so sorry about Rog progressing, and I'm glad that you have additional help coming... are they sending PT and OT to the house to learn how to use the equipment? What about help for the night?

Jen - so sorry to hear that you and Rog are having these problems, but glad to hear the VA is doing something for you at last. Thinking of you and hope Rog is more comfortable.

Thinking of you and Rog. Hope you're getting the new caregivers sorted out.

Strength to you both Jen. Sending love and prayers your way. sherry

Sending hugs with love Jen, thinking of you all.
Mair xx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back