00/0000
Country
UK
State
UK
City
London
Hello dear people,

Thank you for taking your time to read this. I really appreciate your advice.
I’ve been experiencing muscle twitches for over a month now, since they first started they got more intense and faster? Please see a video Here
They are mainly in my left thigh although I will get a few twitches in other parts of my body. Torso, chest, throat, arms, shoulders, intimate area. It’s keeping me up at night and sometimes I cannot sleep because of the twitching can be very intense. It’s painless and don’t really cramp anywhere. I’ve had a consultation with a neurologist and he’s saying it’s cramp fasciculation syndrome? Somehow that does not put my mind at ease, I’ve got no cramping but the twitching...
I am a white 24 year old female with no known family history of ALS. Had blood tests done all clear on that.
Could you advise if there is a chance this could be ALS?
Sending love to you all...

Hi there - great great news for you. Twitching means absolutely nothing. Your neurologist knew exactly what he was talking about. They have to do a lot of really hard study to get their qualifications.

Not a chance this is ALS. Please go back to your general doctor and ask what he should look at next to help you with the diagnosis you have. All the very best, I know it is scary, but ALS doesn't work this way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back