Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
UK
State
UK
City
Edinburgh
Looking for advice, I have developed a constant twitch in my right thigh above my knee. It’s been here around 5 days and occurs at rest.
I tend to get twitches around the body but never in the one place like this.

I haven’t noticed any weakness and can still perform exercises as normal.

Should I be worried about the twitch and can als present like this before I see clinical weakness?

Hi there-

Sorry you find yourself back here. In your prior thread you were worried about your shoulder. Your doctor had some answers for you and it was determined there was nothing indicating ALS/MND. If you are concerned about ALS again, but in a different part of your body, please return to your doctor, as they can provide a clinical exam and let you know if there is anything to be concerned about.

This forum really can not be used to relieve health anxiety whenever you develop a twitch. A visit with your doctor is the most appropriate first step if you are very concerned. You can also review the Read Before Posting thread to provide you with information about twitches absent any other issue.

Take care.

Glasgowman, we urge everyone to read the above link. It provides the answers you seek.

Thanks @ShiftKicker i have read the above link and scheduled an appointment with my GP however I have been advised it will only be a telephone appointment which is frustrating.

The twitch in my thigh stops when I begin to move it or walk etc then returns when I am resting. I have read in the previous forum posts that this would point towards BFS would that be correct? or do twitches in ALS also stop when the muscle is moved?

Twitching absent any other symptoms would not be ALS.

Based on this thread and your last thread, it really seems like you've fixated on ALS, despite not reporting any of the other symptoms that come with ALS. Please understand that posting on a forum like this is not a healthy way to get proper medical care. If you have further questions, please speak with your doctor.

If your doctor feels there's a need for further exploration they can discuss with you next steps.

Thanks for your reply @ShiftKicker

I have developed a tightness/ strange feeling in the twitching thigh that feels similar to what I would describe as a ‘dead leg’. I understand this could be perceived weakness as this has been worrying me for a couple of weeks now.

I can still perform tasks such as climbing stairs, getting up from a seat, heel and tip toe walking, would these be possible if I had thigh/hip onset ALS? Or is thigh onset even a type of onset ALS?

I apologise for the questions, unfortunately our health care system isn’t what it once and is becoming increasingly difficult to see a doctor.

There's no such thing as a thigh or hip onset of ALS. Stop trying to use terminally ill folks to handhold your fixation and health anxiety regarding ALS. Bring any further questions to your doc.

Good luck to you.

glasgowman, re-read ShiftKickers reply... again. Direct these questions and any
future questions to a doctor. You seem to fixated on ALS leaving us without
any direction for you when changing your mind is now up to you and your
doctors. Self help, until you get to see a doctor is... stop reading about ALS
here or the internet.

I hope something/anything will finally get you past Health Anxiety of ALS.

I appologise if I have offended anyone.

Also didn’t mean hip/thigh onset I was meaning can als symptoms start in the thigh as described.

Again I apologise. I wouldn’t normally post on a forum but when panicking about symptoms this was the only place I thought I could get advice until I get a telephone appointment with a GP

Hello-

There is no further advice we can give you here. You do keep repeating yourself and seem to expect something this forum is not set up to provide- this will only end up in frustration for all involved. I will be closing this thread and ask you to stop posting til you have had your doctor's appointment. This forum can only provide basic information, which you will find in the "Read Before Posting" thread you were directed to when you first came to this forum.

If you are looking for online anxiety support while you wait for your doctor's appointment, you will have to access it through one of the many online forums and groups set up expressly for such purposes. NoMorePanic is an excellent one.

Please take care.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back