They're back, ... NP001

Status
Not open for further replies.
HI Eric.

It really would be a nice feature on Antidote if PALS were able to search in two ways -1. see all that's available regardless of where you live as well as 2. by location.

Thanks,

vw-fl

It looks like Antidote may have some glitches. I asked for ALS trials within "Any distance" and didn't get any hits.

I sure would like to participate in this trial, however I use a trilogy and just got a feeding tube. So, if you do these things to try to extend your life you can not save your life in a trial?

Really? So #%^^*%# unfair.

I mean what is the point?

Jocalyn, they want pALS who aren't going to die during the trial. Those of us with tubes and vents are further along and, frankly, don't have the 'potential' lifespan.

The purpose of the trials is not to help the people in the trials, but to determine the effectiveness of the drug.

Very curious. PM me your answers to all the questions and I will pass it on to the developer group. I know there have been some issues with the database server barfing on some input combinations.

It looks like Antidote may have some glitches. I asked for ALS trials within "Any distance" and didn't get any hits.

Unfortunately true. The idea behind not taking people on vents and/or over 2 years post-Dx is to weed out fast and slow progressors in order to minimize the statistical noise. Even with those constraints, the statistical noise in ALS is extremely high. That's been bedeviling trials since the 60s when the first real statistical goals were set. This is why biomarkers and other objective indications of efficacy are being sought.

Jocalyn, they want pALS who aren't going to die during the trial. Those of us with tubes and vents are further along and, frankly, don't have the 'potential' lifespan.

The purpose of the trials is not to help the people in the trials, but to determine the effectiveness of the drug.

There should be an "Any" option on the Distance question. I know you can set that in the results page (which has a few Advanced Options as well).

HI Eric.

It really would be a nice feature on Antidote if PALS were able to search in two ways -1. see all that's available regardless of where you live as well as 2. by location.

Thanks,

vw-fl

There is an 'any' option.

Pretty slick site

I was diagnosed with ALS in 2014 and have been on the McMaster Health Centre vitamin diet since day one plus other drugs. I feel I am doing well on the program, I walk with the aid of a cane, and can not talk but I still do most of the things I used to but it takes a little longer.

this program is an attempt to slow progression down, not to cure ALS.

We are trying to get my husband into this study. hopefully he qualifies

Just had my four month check up and all is good, no changes, as a matter of fact I was extended to every six months today. Feel very good about that and I have had a tube for over a year now. Very good to hear.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back