Diagnosis
n/a
Country
US
State
Florida
City
Fort Myers
HI, haven't been on for a few weeks. We went on a cruise - my DH says he enjoyed it but it will be his last.....so sad because he really loved cruising and seeing many new places all over the world.

When we returned I spent forever on the phone making arrangements for home health care...he is getting so weak and I can get him into the shower but not out of it so I need some help with bathing him. Also he got measured for a motorized wheelchair and got a cough assist machine.

On the 14th he gets a PEG inserted. I'm so nervous that the feeding tube and his weakness etc. will be more than I can handle. But I guess that when you need it the help comes to make you strong.

There is so much pain here on the board but also so much hope and compassion. It is a good place!

Marlene,

I hope you took lots of pictures on your cruise!

You are braver than you think and we will all be thinking of you and your husband as y'all adjust to things. Hope you find someone very soon to help with care.

Please keep us informed on how things are going, as this in turn helps other carers.

Hang in there!

How nice you both got to do some of the things you love while you were able! I agree with CJ- we are all of us stronger than we think we are and with the help of your clinic and MDA folks and us on this site you will be just fine! regards, Cindy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back