Diagnosis
01/2016
Country
US
State
DC
City
Washington
Well, it's happened. Thea Greenhalgh, the best mother ever, beloved sister, aunt, cousin, and friend, passed away peacefully this morning at 8:12. After fighting hard for the past several days and finally moving her to hospice last night, this morning she had very poor vitals. They couldn't even get her blood pressure. I opened the blinds to let the light in and sat with her alone, holding her hand. I told her that I loved her and that she will always be with me and that she could go and leave this broken body and be one with the universe. She opened her eyes for the first time in 36 hours and let go.

I'm totally devastated but also relieved that she is out of her suffering. It just all happened so happened so fast I can hardly believe it. I am going to miss her so much.

My heart is broken but I am grateful that she is finally at peace.

Re: a turn for the worse

I am so sorry for the loss of your Peace. I know your heart is broken but I hope knowing that she is at peace...will give you some relief. I am so very happy that you were with her at the end and that is was so peaceful. Losing my mother in Feb was so hard and it was so fast that the shock stayed around for a while. Hugs and my thoughts are with you.

Peace, I am so sorry. The love that you had for your mother was something very special. I was very touched reading what you wrote.
Love and peace to you,
Laurel

oh peace, she is free now, and those of us left behind do work out how to pick the pieces up. not today, probably not tomorrow either.

I hope you have people who love you around to just wrap you up and let you start to grieve xxxxx

So sorry, Peace. You gave her everything you had and then some. Your mom was fortunate to have you at her side.

Best,
Laurie

������ I'm glad peace that your Mum has found a better place and leave this dreadful disease behind.

I'm so very sorry for the loss of your beloved mother.

I hope you can take comfort in knowing that you were with her, holding her hand, at the end.

Hugs,
Joan

Peace to you faith and your mom. She is in a better place.

So sorry for your loss

Sorry for u and your family, glad she is not suffering. - Pat

Sorry to hear of the passing of your mother. She sounds like a remarkable woman, and you a wonderful daughter. Ave atque vale.

Ed

I'm so sorry, Peace. There is nothing like the loss of your mother. May your memories and knowing you were with her at the end bring some comfort in the coming days. My thoughts are with you.

Peace, I am so sorry for your loss. I am praying for you as you travel this road.

Hugs,

Sue

Peace, I am so sorry for the loss of your mother. I know your mother knew you were there for her. You were a loving, caring daughter. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

Sharon

So sorry for your loss Peace. You were there for your mom, I hope that help gives you peace. You both were lucky to have each other. HUGS!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back