Diagnosis
12/2018
Country
US
State
NC
City
Get Real
This year Christmas falls on Wednesday.... smack in the middle of the week. We know many people who will
not be traveling home or visiting loved ones having to work Monday, maybe a 1/2 day Tuesday and or
Thursday and Friday.

The next worst day is Saturday. Some don't like Tuesday because they have to go back to work Wednesday,
Thursday and Friday. I think Thursday is the best.... like Thanksgiving. What's yours?

And.... Where will you be for Christmas?

I agree Wednesday was the worst. We worked a 1/2 day on the Eve and a full day after. Sunday was the best because we did close Monday. It was always a problem if people had out of state families.

I think I lucked out when I went into education. Faculty got out around December 15th and didn't come back until a few days after the New Year. We had three full weeks of paid vacation. The college was always closed Friday after Thanksgiving and I'd use personal leave to take all of Thanksgiving week off. I always front-end loaded my Fall semester with assignments because attendance would drop in late November and early December. Research papers were always due before Thanksgiving. When I first started our paid Spring break was Easter week but later on they changed it to coincide with public schools.....but a paid week off is a paid week off.

Before that I owned a CPA firm and everyone had Christmas week off with pay.

I usually flew home to spend part of the holiday with my mother and father but they eventually moved to Florida so I didn't have to worry about flying in not-so-nice weather.

Back when I first started working I worked in a bank. It was a small town and they actually closed for both Christmas Eve and Christmas. We loved it when Christmas was on Tuesday so we could get a four-day holiday. Wednesday and Thursday were always bummers but, I agree, Wednesday was the worst.

I will be here in sunny Florida for Christmas. I have no desire to be cold or to travel. My Christmas plans this year are to pamper myself with facials, massages, and getting surgery on both eyes. Merry Christmas to me. 😂

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back