Learn about ALS
Country
AU
State
Vic
City
Melbourne
Hi all.

My name is Mark im 24 from Melbourne aus.
About 7 weeks ago I felt a strange sensation in my little finger on my left hand and the same odd sensation in my left wrist. It became worse over a week or so and my left thumb begun to ache and a burning sensation over my forearm.

I went to the doctors and was told it might be a nerve issue and gave me some nerve pill lyrica which seemed to help but I feel it went away on its own. Last week my right forearm felt exhausted from simple tasks but seems to be ok now. My left forearm also seems to be very heavy. But I can move it normally and perform normal tasks. Both my thumbs have a dull ache to them. Typing on my phone seems to feel awkward but I have not lost any strength. My forearms now feel like they are getting a workout from simple tasks.

I am seeing my doctor tomorrow but am totally freaking out. Would this seem like normal symptoms? Also last night my forearm was super tired and heavy feeling but it seemed like a sleep made it somewhat better. But now again today it's back to where it was.

Thank you so much

Mark

Mark, I have good news. You don't have ALS. You didn't describe any ALS symptoms at all. Sounds like a pinched nerve to me, but that's up to your doctor.

Perhaps you found this website by googling your symptoms. Don't worry. There is a lot of very wrong information out there. Good luck with your doctor.

Mark, I have good news. You don't have ALS. You didn't describe any ALS symptoms at all. Sounds like a pinched nerve to me, but that's up to your doctor.

Perhaps you found this website by googling your symptoms. Don't worry. There is a lot of very wrong information out there. Good luck with your doctor.

Thank you for the speedy reply. Thanks it puts my mind at ease. My doctor is great but so hard to get a hold of. Over a week waiting for this appointment. Regardless. This website is truly amazing. Some of the stories I have read, the support people give is unlike anything I've seen. So much respect and well wishes

Mark

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back