CALS
Country
US
State
xx
City
xxxx
Hi all,
We are just looking into getting a Cough Assist machine for my husband. We have heard many PALS recommend this device.

Our medical providers have put forth "The Vest" Airway Clearance System as a recommended alternative (less expensive). We had never heard of this device and are wondering if there is anyone out there who has used one and can tell us how they liked it (or otherwise).

Thanks for any info....Beth

Last edited by a moderator:
Just a litle more information on the subject.

Dear Mr. Pettit,

Thank you for your interest in the CoughAssist. An introduction and training CD will be mailed to your attention.

Please feel free to contact Mr. Gerry Kolasser of Lifetronics Medical for further assistance. Gerry can be reached by telephone at 1-800-263-8239. Lifetronics Medical is based in North York, ON.

Thanks again for your interest and please feel free to contact me if you require further assistance.

Best Regards,

Kevin G. Nolan
Director of International Business Development

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks Pat and Al for the info...
To complete this thread--we are going to go with the Cough Assist machine, as the Vest systems merely loosens stuff deep in your lungs and you still need suction or something to get it out.
We had trouble getting local medical suppliers to provide a Cough Assist machine, but I emailed for help to the main cough assist website and they have found us a nearby hospital and respiratory therapist to rent us one (Medicare) and train us on it.
Thanks again, Beth

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back