Diagnosis
08/2011
Country
US
State
Missouri
City
Springfield
I thought the doc had totally forgotten to order the lumbar puncture we talked about during my last appointment several weeks ago. Turns out, he didn't.

For those of you that have been following my case, as it stands now, the diagnosis has been PLS since 12/08 (with some question marks behind it). To bring additional clarity and to do the final rule-out for MS, I asked about the lumbar puncture.

It's on the calendar 3 weeks from now.

I did get a bill in the mail from them for the drugs they sent me. Wasn't expecting that but one tuning job will more than pay for it.

They've been good to me!

Last edited by a moderator:
Kim, I'm glad you're on their books for the spinal ballet, and hope it brings some clarity. I'm also glad they've been good, Kim. That's so great to hear... even if they did bill you...!

Kim, been there done that. Didn't hurt much at all.:)
Mine like yours was to rule out MS, and it did.

It doesn't seem to matter who they are, bills always seem to turn up, where as other correspondence can get lost in the mail system.:lol:

cheers
Peter

Seems like the VA has been more attentive these days to our veterans. My husband filed his claim for benefits on 7/2/10, saw a primary doc a few weeks later, the neuro by 8/23 and approved for benefits a few days later. They also scheduled a swallowing/speech test for next week already. I expected the worst case scenario and got the opposite.

I hope your test goes well!

Boy Mary, that is fast! We had a horrible PVA service rep and had to hop up the ladder to the regional office (fantastic lady in the Nashville office!). That got things moving for us, but it has taken 4 months to get an appointment with a PCP! Luckily, there are some wonderful folks in the neurology department that have helped. We finally have some equipment, the PWC is on order, we are researching accessible vans and we are looking at bids for the adaptive housing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back