Reason
Lost a loved one
Country
US
State
CA
City
Orange County
We recognized the first anniversary of Kathy's death on December 20. On january 23, the anniversary of her memorial, my father was admitted to the ER with internal bleeding. It was harrowing, as ER admissions can be. He lost half his blood volume. It's possible he had a stroke at that time. My brother, always absentee, threatened to take us to court because we didn't want to continue life support. It was awful. Eventually he just passed waiting for us to do the right thing.

I have spent the last year trying to mourn, move, start a new job, recover from being fired from new job, and taking care of my dad, whose health has been in decline since our PAL passed.

Now I'm out of work. Im out of a home, because my father's current will cannot be found and the house now becomes part of his estate. Boxes that were never unpacked when we moved must be gone through. Looking at Kathy's clothing makes me weep.
Thinking of how my dad saved his money so he could leave a legacy, which will now be eaten up by probate makes me furious. He should have spent it on himself.

I'm feeling so selfish and sad and angry and the futility of all if it is weighing heavily on me.

yeah, I guess it is all about me this time. there is no one else to care for and i have to face the future on my own merits. i am terrified and so lonely for them.

i'm just rambling now.

jen

Jen, so sorry about your dad and the job/estate issues on top of everything. You can ramble here any time. Your dad did what he thought was right and now you will do the same for yourself.

Best,
Laurie

Oh Jen! You poor thing. My heart goes out to you. There are no words that I can even come up with that will be good enough. The storm will calm down and until then I hope you can find some support and love. Hugs!

Hugs Jen, I don't know why this happens sometimes but life is chaos and sometimes it really feels too much. I had an awful run that first 12 months after losing Chris with so much loss I didn't think it was going to ever stop.

I'm glad you stopped in to let us know, but so sorry it's been so awful.

Jen big HUGS. Hopefully the will will surface and things can get cleared up. If you know who is attorney was, the attorney would have a copy. Might be worth a shot. I pray things will get better for you.

Hugs,

sue

Sending Prayers and Positive Thoughts

I'm so tired. I can't talk to any of his friends. It hurts too much.
I'm going to be the administrator of the estate. I don't want to.
My sister is already taking issue with the steps I took to open probate.
The lawyer says it could take over a year to settle. *sigh* another year gone.

Thank you for the good wishes. I wish I could feel your arms around me. I'm so lonely.

Hugs Lovely. Its good to know that you will be the administrator. Sorry this is all happening to you and that you are so lonely. One day at a time.

Jen, You can let the lawyer deal with most of the details. It will save you a lot of aggravation. When my dad died, we did this because everyone was so overwhelmed.

Steph

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back