Status
Not open for further replies.
Ted congratulations & thanks. This is hopeful. Just wish it could be offered to all PALS now who would be ready to take the risk.

I'm new here so wasn't here when you left.

Rita

Ted, I'm very glad you're finally back, and ***Better Than Ever***! I was concerned you had not made out well, and will just say there's good reason you were not simply spared a decline, but were helped in a meaningful way. You have enthusiasm pumping through your post, and will do wonderfully in all your endeavors. Welcome home. You've been sorely missed!
Ann xoxo

Thank you everyone for the kind words and support. You have no idea how much it means to me. I was nervous about posting my story.

This may sound crazy but believe me I often feel guilty that I am the only one benefitting. I know that I have received a priceless gift and an determined to use it wisely and do as much good with it as I possibly can for as long as I can.

I've been blessed and it is my personal crusade to ensure that I am proved worthy of this blessing.

Thanks again to everyone for your support and friendship!

Ted,
How about running for president 2012,think you would make a good one!--------------------Ken

Ted so glad you are finally back! So glad for the good news, and I know you will do a great job recruiting help for the Als community!I hope you get better and better!

Thank you for posting! You do this for all of us here. Thank you for that! I feel so wonderful reading this. There is hope! For all 12 in the study, I am grateful. We all have to keep voting, talking, educating, promoting, and hoping for a cure!

Awesome....thank you so very much for sharing! Thoughts, hugs and prayers for continued strength are being sent your way!

Ted- tears are just running down my cheeks...
Someone needs to rewrite Webster's Dictionary and under "hope", they need to put your picture. I mean this from the bottom of my heart. You are the key... so many happy tears for you friend.

Now, Ive noticed that you have mentioned a couple times that you feel guilty for being the only one who has improved. I want to scream "DONT U DARE FEEL THAT WAY!"- but i understand it. This may be outta left field, but make sure you keep an eye on those feelings. It could turn into a sort of "survivors guilt", which can be devistating in itself. Maybe talk with a therapist about it if it really becomes a problem. OK- done telling you what to do...

Ted, I want to be 100% honest here. Ever since I met my PALS and really found out about this disease, well- Ive never had hope. I couldnt. There was nothing to have hope in. I didnt want to set myself up for disappointment so I just looked at it as "it is what it is and we cant do a damn thing about it". But now, you, Ted, have given me the awesome gift of HOPE. How does one thank someone for that? I cannot. All i can do is to promise you that I will continue to fight this battle, to the best of my ability, until the day that I die. And in that process, I hope to affect someone so profoundly, that they continue to fight for the rest of THEIR life.

I now have another Hero.

Extraordinary Ted!
Very glad your'e back, looking forward to more of your ever positive encouragement.

welcome back ted,your news is so encouraging to pals.
to have had this treatment and showed improvement while continuing to be an als advocate is truley inspirational.

Ted, first congratulations on the progress! Thank you for letting us know and thanks for all you are doing to promote ALS awareness and gov't funding. Welcome back!

Ted this is fantastic news! And I am so proud of you that you have decided to fight for al of us with your new found strength! If we could only speed up the process so others could get this treatment. It seems to take so long. I will continue to pray for you and your new work!
God bless you Ted!

Hi Ted, Your post and the CNN article would make the sun shine on a gloomy day!

I posted the CNN article under research news. Today I did a phone interview with an internet magazine. I will post that when it runs. Thanks for your support, it gives me great inspiration and strength!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back