Diagnosis
12/2013
Country
US
State
SC
City
Sumter
Glenn Andrew Snow - January 19, 1934 - March 5, 2015. Dad was most certainly a fighter and put up a great fight for the last year +. He now has his wings and is no longer suffering. We have had nour moments of sadness and there will be more to come, but for the most part it has been a peace that has settled over. He was ready and extremely tired. One thing I experienced that I never had before was the saying that silence is deafening. When things were said and done and quiet settled over the house something just felt odd and I couldn't place it and then I realized it was the complete silence. You grow so accustomed to the sounds off an oxygen generator running, the bipap running/mask leaks, the air matress inflating /deflating that you don't rea;;y hear it anymore. I asure you that once they were all shutdown for the final time that night and everyone was gone that the sound of silence couldn't have been louder. He looked so peaceful that night. While the color may have been gone from his face the gasp and struggle for air and struggle just to live was over and he looked so at ease. We have handled it much better than I expected but I know there are still many tears to shed but only because we miss him, we are so happy for him that bthe pain, suffering, and mental anguish are over. In the days leading up to his passing I klnow he was being given glimpses of heaven as you would see him staring through the ceiling almost straining to see what was before his eyes and on more than one occasion he told me it was the most beautiful huge sunset you could imagine. I want to thank everyone for all of the support and information, you are all amazing people.

I'm so glad that he had such a peaceful passing. You have been wonderful, and I hope that the peace continues through the grieving.

I am sorry for your loss but glad he is free and the end of his time here was peaceful. You were an amazing support and I know he appreciated it so and is so very proud of you now.

Sorry to hear off his passing, but pleased he passed peacefully and is now in heaven.
Love and hugs
Gem

My sincere condolences for your loss...

Peace at last for him. Know how your heart aches, and will continue to ache!

I'm sorry for your hurt, but I glad for his peaceful passing. God bless you all!

Snowman, you have been the best of sons and your dad knew that. I wish much peace and strength to you and your family. Give yourselves time and space to hear anew the sounds of your lives together overlaid by the never-ending echoes of your dad's joy in each of you.

our condolences ... we never forget!

Peace and condolences at this difficult time

Praying for peace and comfort for you and family.

oh Snowman, what a mountain of memories you will cherish all your life of how you loved your father through to the end and what a huge difference you made in his life. He is at peace as you have so beautifully written and I just want to hug you and tell you how amazing you have been xxx

It must be such a relief that your dad is not suffering any more. The fear and anguish of what is happing next, or when and how is he going is tormenting. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Thoughts and prayers go out to you.

Dana

I am so sorry to hear of your tremendous loss. But, am so happy to hear that your father had a peaceful passing. I was there when my mother passed away and understand what your talking about. She looked around also as if she was glimpsing heaven and truly believe she was. Hugs and prayers for comfort for your family. Kim

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back