Diagnosis
11/2007
Country
uk
State
uk
City
uk
the sue rodrigeuz story "at the end of the day" is on tv in the uk on friday at 3-10pm on channel five.
if in the usa you have satelite or digital you maybe able to get channel five as we get five us. though it maybe on early in the morning or at a different time.
sue rodrigeuz (from canada)was diognosed with als in early 1991 and fought for the right to assisted suicide but sadly lost. she ended her life in 1994 with the help of a anonymous doctor.
you can google her name for more information.
also i found a book in my local library the other week called "rowing without oars" it is a fleeting glance and thoughts of ulla-carin lindquist during her quick decline after her diagnosed of als. she went back home to sweden but lived in canada for some years and was a tv reporter. a very remarkable book.
i think it is amazing that these two women shared there storys with the world and i am sure there are many here who could do the same to raise the awareness of als and possibly more funding for a cure.
we have some amazing people on this forum who i know have equally amazing stories to tell.
godbless.
caroline

Suicide is a sin something we shouldnt be incouraging. We have burdens that the lord we help us get through.

We need to pray to be strong and be at peace with ourselves

I don't think Caroline was encouraging suicide as I don't think the people who told the Sue Rodriguez story were advocating it either. Each was just relating facts as they were presented to them. Having seen the movie already I will say that sometimes screenwriters sometimes embellish the facts to make the story more interesting. So, don't believe everything you see on TV. I remember reading about her in the papers when her court fight was going on. But then I don't believe everything I read either. Don't even get me started about Winning with Eric.
AL.

patricia
i was not advocating suicide,you are correct for a christian it is a sin
i was thinking about the film as a insight into one womens fight against als and the awareness it gives to the world about this desease.

al
that is why i like autobiographys, straight from the horses mouth lol.
take care caroline:-D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back