05/2013
Country
OZ
State
AU
City
lala land
Here you go Max - why am I Tillie?

When I first joined the forum here I was extremely concerned that I may say stuff here and that Chris may read it and know it was me and take offence. He suffered FTD as well as ALS and was very paranoid, particularly towards me, and had no empathy for me at all.

I found this forum because HE found it first and mentioned it. Interestingly, maybe due to his FTD he got off to a poor start here, the moderators contacted him and asked if he was a real person and suggested he be a bit less aggressive about his views of the medical practitioners and he got in a huff and as it turns out I don't think he ever came back.

But that's hindsight, at the time I had no idea if he would come back. I would have just hated to write something here that was me letting off steam or asking advice on how to cope, and have him read it and become offended.

So, I was naughty and in my profile I said I was from Manhattan and I didn't use a name and tried to be careful that I didn't say things that would be obviously me.

Quickly, the amazing people here began to pm me and talk further, and so I confessed to Barbie that I am actually in Australia. That gorgeous warrior princess immediately thought of Matilda the kangaroo that was our mascot at the commonwealth games years ago and said she would call me Tillie. I loved it so much, I made it my 'screen name' and have ever since signed as Tillie. Then I found a picture of Matilda and that is my avatar.

Even though I now have 'come out of the closet' and you all know that really my name is Katrina and that I'm in Australia, I just love signing Tillie on any post, it always gives me a smile and a giggle.

So there you go - the story behind Tillie is officially and publicly told. Aaaahhh that feels better, honesty is the best policy!

> That gorgeous warrior princess immediately thought of Matilda the kangaroo that was our mascot at the commonwealth games years ago and said she would call me Tillie.

:) That's the part I wanted to hear :)

That is a wonderful story. I can feel your love for Chris and the on this forum. You have shared that love with everyone, even those new to the forum.

I think you belong in the ranks of the warrior princesses.

>I think you belong in the ranks of the warrior princesses.

me too!

>So this one is for you girl!

:)

OK in a few minutes here I've just cried - being told I belong in the warrior princess ranks, and then falling about laughing at Barbie.

I did NOT think of waltzing Matilda way back when we first PM which is why I am falling about laughing!

So I should show the Matilda I was thinking of - a 6 ton truck!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x2mWAmZZUG8

Then this is my absolute favourite version of Waltzing Matilda, my kids and I used to roll about laughing at this when they were little.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=peVDbqai1wg

I could sure go for this as a national anthem ... ;)

You come to Australia Barbie and I'll take time off and do some really fun travelling around with you!

Tillie (with my consenting adult permission I will indeed come perambulating around the dance floor!)

gosh I hope Nikki or another mod is online to put my post up fast ...

got it! heading to nz/aussie land this summer :)

I may need to start a touring business Max?

You better let me know when so we can work a visit to the Far North Coast of NSW into your plans :)

How did you like my version of Waltzing Matilda btw?

very Funny! loved that song tie me kangaroo down, and don't forget the Kookaburra in the old gum tree!

>I may need to start a touring business Max?
>You better let me know when so we can work a visit to the Far North Coast of NSW into your plans

definitely on the list!

>How did you like my version of Waltzing Matilda btw?

very politically correct:)

Nothing can beat a good ole Slim Dusty tune when things get you down.

I have heaps of those laughing kookaburras here on my property ...

I guess I've got all the typical stuff here that I don't think much about, but are icons - kookaburras, wallabies, kangaroos, quolls, possums, snakes of many kinds and of course the koalas ...

The snakes would freak me out. But, I would love seeing the Koalas. Have you ever held one? I once got to hold a black bear club at the hospital where I work at of all places. I visitor had it out in the parking lot with him. It was a beauty but he made growling noises that made you know he would think nothing of eating you at anytime.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back