Diagnosis
05/2017
Country
CA
State
AB
City
CALGARY
I tried the search bar, but either it's my phone or the user, and I'm unable to actually search what I'm looking for. So, my question is on a topic I'm sure was brought up a few years ago.

What are anyone's thoughts on Ted Harada, the person who was apparently cured of ALS in a clinical trial via an embryonic stem cell transplant? Did he actually have ALS and if he did and was cured, why on earth did this never go past clinical trial phase one?

Just curious really, which is why I ask.

I don’t think Ted was fully cured though he certainly had a remarkable reversal.

There was a phase 2. No one else approached his results in either phase. I think there was supposed to be phase 3 though.

Why Ted responded as he did no one knows. There was also a trial of the immunosuppressive cocktail to see if that was the answer but it didn’t seem to be. I don’t think people expected it was but it needed to be answered

I believe Ted had ALS He was diagnosed I think at Emory and was much studied. He allowed himself to be studied post mortem as well

Ted was brave kind and generous. He is missed

Thanks, Nikki.

It was a cruel twist of fate what happened to Ted. So sad... May he rest in peace.

some comments are that he was healed by total anesthesia, not stem cells.
after "treatment" he was full mobile. didnt see video before "treatment".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back