The Ongoing Pain Question?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kevin ,Your Like me ,I still hold out hope and cant help but think that someone is just missing something .
I think Gamblers get this . Isnt that what life is, A GAMBLE .I think everyday we spin the Wheel and hope our number doesnt come up . I met a guy when i came here who was in perfect health . He died this week of Asbestos Camcer . Mesotheloma? So i wander about that Wheel ? Have A good day . Geo

Gamblers

LOL.....I never pass up a trip to Atlantic City, I can hear the sounds of the slots now. :-D

Peace in the midst of the storm?

Three opinions was enough for me. Everyone wants me to go to John Hopkins or one of the other leading hospitals, but I told them I have had enough of the sticking, poking, prodding, etc. that goes with ever visit. God knows what is going on and I just leave it in His hands to take care of one way or the other. That is how I manage not to worry about it and to have peace about the whole situation.

Everyone has to find their own way of dealing with the mysteries of MND diseases. I hope each of you finds a place of peace in the midst of the storm.

Notice the rainbow seems to have intercepted the tornado?
rainbowstorm.jpg

Last edited:
Capt. Al......You have some of the best image files I've ever seen and you seem to attach them with the perfect comments. I don't know, the way I handle it changes from day to day.......more like a roller coaster of mindset about the whole situation.

Rainbow

Thanks so much. I love rainbows. But I never get to see them without a storm. Here is a really unusual one that hardly ever appears. It is high, in I think Cirrus clouds. Formed by the water droplets.
CloudRainbow.jpg

Last edited:
I think I probably know there is no good answer to these questions, but I have read a lot of threads regarding MND and pain. I recall reading in some the threads that the feeling of pain has nothing to do with any motor nueron condition. Now, I might just be missing something but how can someone have extremely stiff or fatigued muscles and not have pain and pulled muscles by the end of the work day?

Which brings me to the next even harder question of, when can one tell when it's just too much? I mean, when you try to make work as comfortable as possible but your legs are so exhausted and sore by the end of the day you are just recovering for the next day. It's a fine line of work ethics & obligation "verses" comfort & quaility of life outside of work.

Oh well, I've rambled on enough.....it's just one of things of trying to sort it all out. :-?

I guess I'm luckier than others. I to have brutal pain. It's all in neck and arms. I'm a
carpenter. Im still trying things i shouldn't in regards to work. It's always been a very
phiscally staining job. Prior to my diagnosed. If i wasn't in unbelievable pain when i got home
form work. I would think i didn't earn my wage. I have always been friends with pain.
It, although, would be nice to sever our friendship.
hang in ther.....jimmig

Jimmig,

Is yours just a raw pain or can you tell that it's pain from spasms.

My mom's legs are also in constant pain, but pain is not suppose to be a symptom of PLS. Maybe those that have this constant pain have something else. I'm currently doing alot of research to determine if my mom's diagnosis is actually correct because the pain does not FIT.

Jim I was a Plumber 40 years and did new house rough ins . My bet is you have pain due to an on the job injury . You used to think your invincable ? One of those guys that drops dead on the job because he doesnt realize he has limits until the limits say Times up . LOL Geo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back