Status
Not open for further replies.
Cataztrophy & Deb/scaredwife - I tried to respond and somehow lost my text / lost in cyberspace. Too tired now to attempt to repeat what I typed. I just want you to both know I have read what you have posted, and agree and understand. It is way past my bedtime (although this is "me" time), so I should retire .......... Blessings to you all!!

Rob, welcome back. I too have to disappear from time to time, but this is home.

Cat, I cried every day for 9 months. When I could not longer control the tears (stop them in public) I asked my doc for help. Thank heavens for chemical intervention. It's the only way I can be strong for him.

Deb, you sound like I feel.

Dave, you are right. What doesn't kill us makes us stronger, so I will be a combination of both our strengths when my darling is gone. We are trading roles, and I'm up to it (most days).

Hi Rob,
I just wanted to introduce myself. I am Jennifer and I live in South OC. My PAL, Kathy, passed away in December of 2015.
I am here if you need local support. If you haven't connected with the local ALS chapter, you should. Natalie will come to your house and talk you through the services they offer and they also have a great loaner closet. They provided us a hospital bed, a power chair and a number of other items free of charge.

Kathy also attended the ALS clinic at Cedars, where she was able to see multiple disciplines at once. They meet every Wednesday and patients can see, OT, PT, SLP, clinical psychs, Neurologists, dietitian, pastoral support, and social workers. The day is long, but the benefit is one appointment instead of many many appts.

If I can be a local resource for you I'm happy to provide help.

Jennifer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back