02/2007
Country
US
State
NJ
City
Mays Landing
Hi all

Has anyone used the neurology group at the Johns Hopkins Center in Maryland?

We are still hoping for the MMN diagnosed as all symptoms in my husbands upper body and both arms.

Going to gather all his records from local neuro and Penn neuro and try to get in at Johns Hopkins for opinion.

If you have been at Johns Hopkins, which neuro did you see?

Thanks so much.

You are "all" in my daily prayers!

Patty:)

Hi I went to john Hopkin in 2005 in March I saw Jeffrey Rothstein He is the head of ALS and the research scientist there. He can be seen on certains day only. You have to bring all your medical records and mri and blood test. He came in the room after I was exam by a student who did most of the clinical testing .Then Dr Rothstein came in and looked at me for about 5 miutes and told me I had ALS If you are looking for compassion You wont get it from him But he is the best. Like I said before He is use to working with lab rats not people. Good Luck Pat

Patty

Are you not happy with Dr. McCluskey? I am a patient of his. Did you have a muscle biopsy done under his watch? If so how long did it take to get your results?

Thanks,
Lou

Hershey Medical Center has a good ALS clinic-- Dr Zachary Simmons is very good and thorough and caring-- You may want to try to get in there--- and not really that much af a distance from Johns Hopkins.

G

John Hopkins Medical Center Initial Visit

Hi All

My husband had his (3rd opinion) initial visit at John Hopkins Medical Center. His appointment was for 9 a.m. We arrived at 8:30am and was seen on time and he was
tested from 9 to 7 p.m.

The testing was extremely involved, hands on, everything from EMG, MRI, 13 vials of blood drawn.

Dr. Chaudrey spoke to us at the end of the day and invited a ALS nurse case manager that gave us info on ALS. He kindly explained that it is PMA and for my husband to start Rilutek and they would like to take him on at ALS Clinic for appointments but they understood that we are from NJ and it would be a 2 1/2 hr. trip from our home and we said we will be following up with Dr. Leo McCluskey at Penn. He also said, no further IVIG as it is not working for my husband. We tried since 12/06, each month.

This was my husbands 3rd opinion and he does not want to do for any further
consults and will stick with Dr. McCluskey.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back