The importance of Vitamin B12 in our food.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Valentijn

Reason
PALS
Diagnosis
15/2006
Country
US
State
ca
City
ca
Vitamin B12 is a nutrient from food we eat that helps keep the body's nerve and blood cells healthy. It also assists with making DNA in our cells. Vitamin B12 is an important nutrient to prevent anemia. Folate is a water soluble B vitamin that is found in food and helps create and maintain cells including the DNA and RNA, the building blocks of cells. Folate is used to make red blood cells that prevent anemia and it is also essential for the metabolism of the amino acid, homocysteine.

You are so right! My husband started this horrible ordeal with a bout of Vertigo, which was really just a symptom of his Pernicious Anemia, which was the result of depleted B12 due to Celiac Desease. I find it interesting that he was perfectly healthy, running 5 miles a day and very active in all sports one day, and the next, had this long list of ailments ending in his diagnosis of ALS/FTD. No one will ever be able to convince me that, in his case, this is not all related. I just know in my heart that it is.

While I don't like the feeling that this thread is a commercial, I believe this is a vital vitamin.

And you can get it at any drug store!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back