The "i appreciate bethu thread!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree about Beth, what a lady..

wow, Beth, what an inspiration you are!

It is truly amazing how you relate ALS in such a compassionate way-whether it's sarcastic, witty, venting ( or not ), educational, supportive-

all of these describe a compassionate artist, in my opinion, and you are a hero in my book!

we love you!
brenda,
oh and by the way-I prefer the glass half full and just drink the rum from the bottle!:)

Beth....I just adore you......on good and bad days. We are here for you! Thanks for making us laugh..even if it is for a warped reason.

BethU

Well.... Beth has been a great help to me, being a newbie here, and so have others. But Beth has been ever so helpful.
Great to find such a great place, kind, funny and helpful. :)

Just had to add my thanks.

I too would like to chime in and say when I first signed up and joined, you took the time to answer my questions and reassure me. I enjoy reading your posts and admire your strength and sense of humor. I hope from now on you have less trouble with your appointments and equipment, margaret

I think you are awesome, too, Beth!

hugs!

i totally agree and admire you beth,i ofton think of you and wonder how you cope with all your problems and with your husband being so ill also.
as for the mood swings.............i totally get them.........i mean i do get them literally.
i can go from ranting to crying and then laughing in a short time,i feel sorry for my poor son as he must feel like he is on a rollercoaster some days.

but i have to say i think there are many many inspirational and wonderfull people on this forum,too many to name .
you all give time,support and good advice despite what each of you are going through.
everyone deserves a pat on the back.
(((hugs))):-D

Beth... I know you must be more scared than usual. It scares me to hear about all that is coming your way these last few weeks. We go along figuring that if we roll with the punches and don't complain, everything will be alright. Well, sometimes it still isn't and that sure stinks.( I don't swear... just think it.)

I believe that you will find the strength to come through this. You just have to think and plan and hang on to hope. You have so much to give..... and we look forward to hearing from you more. Say it like it is and don't hold back. We can take it! You have our love and prayers.

Hugs to you!

Marjorie, Caroline, and everybody on this forum! I don't know why Kim started this thread, but I'll take it, I'll take it!

I agree with Caroline that every voice on our forum has the impact of truth and compassion behind it. I don't think I've ever read a post here that I didn't learn something from. We should celebrate every member of this forum ... including those who are no longer with us, as their messages and insights continue to inspire us all. And celebrate this forum, which Al continues to maintain as a safe haven for PALS and CALS, and lurkers who are just trying to understand this disease. (As opposed to the lurkers who hope to sell us stuff.)

As to my lack of venting, lord knows I've done enough of it here, especially about my husband's condition, and frustrations with what we laughingly call "The US Health Care Systen." (If this is a "system," I'd hate to see chaos!)

If it seems that I'm trying too hard to be upbeat, that's just the nature of this beast. I HOPE I've never stepped on anybody's toes when they're in a bad place; I really do try to be aware that there are times when it's appropriate to joke and times when it's not.

Unfortunately, this dog is too old to learn new tricks. (Opps ... I first wrote "turn new tricks" which is also true :roll:) so I'm stuck with me as is. When I'm not crying or screaming and pounding the counter, I'm either laughing or asleep. I just wanted to give you a reminder of all the complaining I'm capable of.

Now, I'm even starting to bore myself, so enuf about me !

Opps ... forgot something important. We've hired a caregiver for two days a week. LOVELY woman full of warmth and humor and patience. She's worked with 8 ALS patients in the past, including 2 in hospice, and she's now researching Parkinson's so she can help my husband with exercises, etc. If/when funds and paperwork allow, we'll expand the hours and days. Also ... she likes cats. Must keep our priorities. :)

Beth,

I started this thread because one of the voices in my head told me to. I always (well, almost always) obey my voices.

You're a jewel! I think this thread reinforces that many times over.

Thank you for ALL you contribute (even the occassional rant)!

Kim

Kim I hope all the voices in your head are telling you nice things because it really was inspired of you to start this thread.

Beth, it is so true that the people on this forum, each one of us impacted by a little known disease, are here to find some sort of understanding and support for something that can be overwhelmingly cruel and sad... yet here we all are. It restores my faith in human kind. There are so many good people here and I wish so hard that none of us met under these circumstances. Yet I feel so ultimately grateful to have listened to your "voices" and learned from your wisdom and been touched by your kindness. Thanks Beth. Thanks Everyone!

BethU is the best!

Hi Beth, you really lighten up the mood around here. Even when you are feeling down. Love your sense of humor! Of course it is better when you know the cargiver likes cats! Just proves that they are a smart and caring person! Thank you for the kind things you say to everyone. You definately lighten the loads! Hope that your days are not getting you down too badly! Everyone cares here, even us lurkers!
keeker

Thought I'd bump this thread, from almost exactly a year ago. It was before I joined, in fact before I even knew what ALS was. I wish I had had a chance to join in and tell Beth how much I appreciated her kindness and wisdom, not to mention her great sense of humor on good display here.

I feel that we have lost our Mother of this forum family. HUGS Lori

This was so strange to read at first since I didn't notice the 2009.
Of course reading everyone's compliments to Beth brought tears to my eyes. And I thought how nice it must have been for her to hear all of these sentiments.
(We should do this more often; not just here but in our own lives with all our loved ones.
No hears the nice things that are said at their own funeral. )

Then I got to Beth's post #10; and reading that brought me to a full blown sob.
But, I laughed as well, as I read that wonderful humor she would bring to even the most difficult of situations.

Her points 8-10 and her conclusion sums it all up. That was Beth- inspite of everything, she wanted to laugh, she thought people were funny! And she didn't want to waste any time she had left- a great lesson to be learned from a great lady!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back