Diagnosis
12/2010
Country
US
State
FL
City
Orlando
Eddie Redmayne, the British actor who recently played Stephen Hawking in the new movie "The Theory of Everything" just appeared on Jon Stewart's political comedy show, "The Daily Show."

He said he visited MND clinics, could distinguish UMN and LMN, and described fasciculations. Not a bad showing. His Hawking looks realistic and empathetic.

Look forward to seeing the movie. A relative asked if I should really wanted to see the movie. I think so ! !

I went to go see The Theory of Everthing a few days ago. It's worth seeing for everybody. Warning take lots of Kleenex.

do you think he should of been working on this als then the big bang. how many more out there with great minds that has this. that's the ? what im seeing on here there is a lot. so are we looking in the right place.

Patrick123 - Just curious - What did you get out of the movie? Did it help you personally?

do you think he should of been working on this als then the big bang. how many more out there with great minds that has this. that's the ?

This isn't the first time I have heard someone say that Stephen Hawking should have put his mind to ALS or that he should do more for ALS awareness. I disagree. He wanted to work in astrophysics from the beginning. Why should he be expected to give that up? His intelligence is in a grasp of math and physics and not necessarily applicable to medical research. I loved nursing but if anyone had told me I had to change my emphasis to medical research I would have been horrified. I hated the slow pace, the paperwork, the publish or perish requirements of research. As for doing more to raise awareness of ALS, there are only two names that the public associates with ALS; Lou Gerig and Stephen Hawking, and people today know more about the life and work and success and challenges Hawking faced.

We saw the movie "Hawking" (2013) on Netflix streaming. Great flick. Very inspiring. Amazing man. Looking forward to this years release, "The theory of everything."

I am afraid to see it--I think it is going to be a major tearjerker! I think we will wait until we can see it in the privacy of our living room!

Just got back from seeing it. Fantastic acting and a truly inspirational story about love science and adversity. I just bought his book on the way back. Looking forward to reading it.

Same here Barbie. I am already a cry baby as it is my husband's Nudexta is starting to look real good, it is keeping him from emotional out burst.

I am with you Barbie, I would be a mess. I did see an interview that Redmayne did on BBC. He said that it was the most pressure he has ever felt in his career but also the most rewarding role he said he thinks he will ever do.
Grumpy has said he does not want to see it..ever.

I kind of want to see this.....but am hesitant to go because I can't even get through a news report without tearing up. Hell, I even cry when I watch "Dancing with the Stars"......but that might be cause my dancing sucks?:oops::shock:

Oh Mark,you have such a gift for laughing at yourself and making others laugh, too! You are in good company with the tears! And there is nothing wrong with it- heaven knows the news gives us lots of reason to cry! (Dancing with the Stars not so much! Lol)

mark im crying now you brought it up . i can't dance ether lol

You all make me smile so much. Coming to this forum makes me feel normal (which is great as most days I feel like we are living in the twilight zone). I will ask my hubby if he wants to watch it, but I think he may be with Grumpy on this one. I will have to try to see it myself then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back